2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Expensive to fix
By Mike on 01/20/10 04:58 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

When I first purchased this car it ran great. Currently have about 90,000 miles on it and I am about done throwing money into this thing. I have some of the same complaints as others; wind noise, not a very smooth ride, and most of all expensive to fix repairs. Inside door handle broke, I can only get from the factory they want over $200 for a piece of plastic. Back end has begun to sway. I have had over $600 put into it plus new tires and problem still isn't fixed. Probably going to need new shocks soon, most likely will get rid of it by then.

Purchased new... still a great car!
By HLC2071 on 07/25/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 2001 Diamante LS and have had zero problems with this car. I have driven it everyday (city+highway) and the quality has been simply outstanding... Tires-Oil-Gas only. Mitsubishi built this great car to last many years.

Good car for money, BUT...
By christmas_tree on 03/11/09 11:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Really liked the car when I purchased it with only 24,000 miles in 2004. By the time it had 40k miles it had the very common heater core leak... by the time it had 50k miles rear/driver side abs speed sensor failed so abs brakes are non-functional since then, neither is the traction control... both ABS and TCL light stay on all the time now. By 55k egr solenoid failed, not too costly to replace if you do it yourself. By 60k miles the rear springs are worn out, with 3 passengers in the rear the rear bottoms out, replaced shocks which didn't help at all. By 80k antenna motor failed. Bottom line, even though I like the car I wouldn't buy a Mitsubishi again, with the other options.

Why did they quit making this car
By otis on 11/14/08 20:38 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car replaced a 1997 Diamante. Both are great driving cars. Comfortable ride and tracking, excellent build quality and fuel economy. This car has 120,000 miles now and at about 100,000 miles had to replace heater core. No other maintenance problems. Does not use oil or have any leaks.

Great Car
By RLSDia on 11/11/06 15:01 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for six years and plan to keep for six more. It was a great purchase.

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante LS
By ross on 01/13/06 23:54 PM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I really only have had a few problems with my 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante LS. The transmission is slow to react to my lead foot sometimes. I had a Mitsubishi Eclipse with an auto transmision that was much better. Also, tthis car should be rear wheel drive with so much horsepower and torque!

Real Good Car for the Money
By Kyle Phelps on 05/23/05 13:28 PM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Diamante used it had 33,000 on it, and it was between this one and a Honda Accord, but I love this one cause of all the features styling and overall its an eye catcher. Also it sounds real good. and I have drove Lexus and Caddys and this is far the best one i have owned with low maintance. I did have to have my heater core repalced at 45,000 but warranty took care of it and this is an all around FUN car to drive.

It's a winner!
By peter95949 on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new; black with gray leather. It's still a very handsome car. Goes like the wind; great mid-range response. In almost 60,000 miles, there has been virtually no maintenance. Abnormal tire wear through two sets of Goodyear tires. Mitsubishi said those tires were not designed properly for this car, and they wore rapidly. I replaced them with Toyos, and everything is 100% now.

Excellent Purchase
By gguillot on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Diamante LS new in Spring of 2001. I have not had a single problem or failure with the car, with the exception of the stock tires. I replaced them at 55k miles with Bridgestone Turanzas and the car handles like a sports car. After 62k miles, the car is still like new - tight and solid.

My previously owned Diamante
By joekewl55 on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So far it has been a very nice automobile, no problems yet. I have read reports about the heater core going out at about fifth thousand miles, so I am hoping that my car will not prove this to be true. The car is about a eight on a scale of one to ten. I love the looks of it, and the performance is good, the gas milage is a little tuff, but concidering the performance with the 210 horses, it is not too bad.