Happy with my Diamante
By MarkPenner on
2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan
I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante in Dec. 2003. I did a lot of online research before purchasing and found that most of the people complain about its fast depreciation, but praise reliability of the car. I was looking for a good used car, so fast depreciation was a good news. Why pay $36,000 for a new, when you can get a great used car for $12,000? So, I found a Diamante with 55,000 miles online and drove it home. For two years that I owned this car I just did regular maitainance (oil, transmission fluid, brakes, put new set of tires). I had no problem with transmission, it shifts perfectly. I didn't have any problems with the heat-core either. I spent only $480 in maintainance to keep this car in excellent shape for two years.
Favorite Features
The engine has great power, it leaves 90% of the other cars behind. I love its Infinity 8 speaker stereo system. The steering is much better than in other cars that I have owned. This car is very comfortable (I have the LS model). The climate control system is easy to use and useful. The body engineering feels safe and is safe.
Suggested Improvements
I have a hard time thinking of somethings. Hmmm, may be some cracks on the "leather" on the driver's seat. Really, the Diamante is not a Lexus LS 430, but for the money that I paid for it, I got much more than I would get with any other car.