Used 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

great car
By Peggy

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have only had reliability. I have only done routine maintenance. Never broken down or replaced parts other than brakes, tires, and muffler. I have over 155,000 miles. It still rides it did new. Great riding comfort and pickup. I get about 27 miles highway and 24 around town. If they were still made I would buy another!

Favorite Features

Smoodrive, fun to drive,reliability,comfort,Stable control, great pickup, looks good,good gas mileage,good in snow. Never been stuck. I am a nurse and drive in the northeast in all kinds of weather.

Suggested Improvements

Routine maintenance is expensive ie the serpentine belt.

Great Car for the money
By Eugene

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Love the car but hate to see it losing value. OEM parts are ridiculously expensive and aftermarkets are hard to come by. Gas mileage is not all that great (20- 22 MPG) and heater core problem is starting to surface. I would recommend this car if you can find an exceptional deal .

Favorite Features

Stunning exterior (let me hug whoever designed it!!!), frameless doors, interior is great especially all that room in the front. Trunk is huge too.

Suggested Improvements

Noise proofing, recall for heater core and better resale value (don't think they can do the last one though)

Sharp looking, great performance
By WtbyCT

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 LS in 2003 to replace the 1993 Grand Am that my parents gave me as a first car. For the first two years that I owned it I drove the socks off the thing but it easily took the abuse of a 17 year old guy and his friends. Once I got into college I took more interest in the car since I knew I needed a car that would last me into the beginning of my career. With a nice wash and wax, this car gets me compliments everywhere I go. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. On the highway I find the acceleration to be amazing between 60-80 and I can hang with most Euro cars and blow the socks off the other JP cars. Only prob is at 60,000 mi it's going to be $1100+ service

Favorite Features

Looks! I have the dark green with tan interior and it shines up nice to almost black, looks great with mid-dark legal tints. Sound system was amazing until it failed me last week. Acceleration is amazing, I've the car from ages 17-22 so I've done my share of speeding and showing it off.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, pass-thru trunk, rear windows that go all the way down, not 80%

Almost Perfection
By Lon611

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

An amazing car, all around. I actually bought this because i loved my '93 diamante so much. interior quality + performance is top notch. only problem is that it can be slightly non-responsive from a stop (not a big deal). Exterior is sleek;the first time i saw it i was reminded of a BMW. B+/A- in my book. wish they still made these.

Favorite Features

interior, handling, stereo

Suggested Improvements

fix the acceleration from a stop, pass through to trunk, less weight.

Happy with my Diamante
By MarkPenner

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante in Dec. 2003. I did a lot of online research before purchasing and found that most of the people complain about its fast depreciation, but praise reliability of the car. I was looking for a good used car, so fast depreciation was a good news. Why pay $36,000 for a new, when you can get a great used car for $12,000? So, I found a Diamante with 55,000 miles online and drove it home. For two years that I owned this car I just did regular maitainance (oil, transmission fluid, brakes, put new set of tires). I had no problem with transmission, it shifts perfectly. I didn't have any problems with the heat-core either. I spent only $480 in maintainance to keep this car in excellent shape for two years.

Favorite Features

The engine has great power, it leaves 90% of the other cars behind. I love its Infinity 8 speaker stereo system. The steering is much better than in other cars that I have owned. This car is very comfortable (I have the LS model). The climate control system is easy to use and useful. The body engineering feels safe and is safe.

Suggested Improvements

I have a hard time thinking of somethings. Hmmm, may be some cracks on the "leather" on the driver's seat. Really, the Diamante is not a Lexus LS 430, but for the money that I paid for it, I got much more than I would get with any other car.