1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

1999 Diamante Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Why i love this car....
By rick211

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

i love my diamante it has just about everything i could ask for in a car, great performance, 0-60 in 5.7 secs powerful engine 270 hp 240 ft lbs, awesome grip on corners for a rwd car, nice braking ok mileage even though it could've bin better, over all this car is good for commuting daily and to take out to the tracks for weekend thrills

Favorite Features

horse power, acceleration, braking

Suggested Improvements

transmission tends to shift not so smoothly

Loved it... at first!!
By macgirl88

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I first got my Diamante I was extremely excited. I thought the interior was amazing! It was semi luxury> leather seats, seat warmers, memory seating, it was nice. Then out of no where my heater stopped working along with my radio after my first 2 months. Now my car randomly dies took it to 4 different shops, no one can figure it out. I bought the car for 3800 and have already put $3000 worth of electrical work into it. The ride sounds loud and not that smooth. Its a nice car but beware it is known to have electrical problems and they are not cheap!

Favorite Features

interior layout, heated seats

Suggested Improvements

less electrical problems!

I will drive this car into the ground
By Eva Frese

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

Car was bought used with 28000. Took out an extra warranty which took care of all the quirks in the beginning. Other than normal maintenance, this car is the best car we have ever owned. Love driving it. The pickup is great.

Favorite Features

Pickup, heated seats, temp control, storage within the car. I love everything about this car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish they would still make this car

Low-Cost Luxury!
By Lady

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

I simply love this car! This car has a powerful take off. Horsepower is great! I have three kids, 16, 10, and 7-we all fit comfortably in this mid-size sedan. The look of the car is really sleek and regal and it beats the high price cost of gas that accompanies larger SUV's. Surprisingly, this car now has 160,000 miles-and still runs great. However, I do make it a habit to keep my oil changed.

Favorite Features

Plush and supple leather interior seats. Sound System Acceleration and Horsepower Exterior/Body

Suggested Improvements

power seat on passenger more digital lights on dash

Great Car
By AMW

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have enjoyed my vehicle over the past 5 years. The resale and trade-in are really low though compared to other cars like it.

Favorite Features

Great torque.

Great comfort and reliability
By david

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been used everyday and we have never had a problem with it, other than having to replace a part of the air conditioning. The ride is great and the comfort of the seats are the best I have had. It has great acceleration and power. The sound is great. I was in one accident and the car held-up great.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Add sound system controls on the steering wheel.

Solid car
By deines

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent, near luxury car. I was worried about Mitsubishi's quality control, but not about this car. No problems at first or later. It has been a solid, well built and reliable car. I wish there were some other near luxury touches on this car. Dual sun visors. Low fluid warnings. Would like to see date and time on the clock. This car has been mistaken for BMW 5- series and Lincoln LS. The 2003+ cars look horrendous. DLD

Favorite Features

Near luxury.

Suggested Improvements

AC/heating system is not very smart. Need fold down seats and/or pass through. Dual sun visors. Dual HVAC controls for passenger/driver. Better/more intuitive seat controls.

Used Deal of the Decade!!
By uaenimr

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

Did i get a deal or what?? For $10,300 i got a car that i could have paid $15,000('99 with 62,000 miles) and still been happy! The exterior shape is one of the best out there, very muscular! The interior is almost as good. The diamante is beginning to sell fast, i tried to purchase 2 others but they were sold on their first few days; which means their prices will go up soon... hurry!!

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling, similar to BMW some say, i say its better!

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission, sometimes you land on the wrong gear, frustrating.

Diamante is quality
By CJW

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love the comfort and style of the Diamante. I bought a 93 the first time and traded it for a 99. The 93 was better, but still, I have 34,000+ miles at this point and never a service call. The one thing I have doubts about is the comparison of Diamante to Galant. They look the same, just a slight size difference. It bugs me that mine cost twice as much. I might go for the Galant next time. But people very often ask me about this car, even at 3 1/2 years old, because it looks so good! Recently discovered the resale value is much lower than expected, though. Buy one and keep it!!

Favorite Features

huge trunk, luxury interior, great sound system, no engine noise

Suggested Improvements

It could use a compass

An Excellent Car Worth Considering!
By vivona

1999 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan 4dr Sedan

An excellent car with a beautiful exterior and an interior with first-rate materials and a warm, luxurious look. Ample interior storage. As of four years and 29,000 miles, reliability has been excellent. The ride is very smooth and quiet and the seats are very comfortable. Handling is very competent. The car is fun to drive energetically. Acceleration is very strong and immediate with power at any speed and shifts that are always where they should be. I get 20 MPG in town and 29 MPG on the highway. The stereo is first-rate, with very good imaging and sound quality. You should test drive a Diamante before buying any luxury car. You will be amazed at how good it is.

Favorite Features

Quiet ride and the very linear feel of its acceleration, handling and braking. Excellent seat comfort. Ample interior storage. Outstanding interior and exterior style. If I had it to do all over again, I would still buy the Diamante over any other car, even those costing thousands more.

Suggested Improvements

Mitsubishi tends to ignore the Diamante in its advertising. Though only about 10,000 are imported, it wouldn't hurt to mention the Diamante in ads. Add a trunk pass-through (available starting with the 2003 model).