Used 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Pretty Decent Car
By jimr91

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Diamante for $1200 and I'm not disappointed. It has problems starting even after i replaced the starter but she runs. Smooth riding car. I used to have a 2011 Kia soul and my Diamante handles a lot better. I wasn't expecting a nice engine but I'm amazed at how nice it is. One big problem i have with it is 3 of my door handles are broken. I know someone who had the same problem with theirs. Another small problem i have with this car is it feels a little cramped on the inside. My knees want to rest on the wheel. She's old and needs some more work done but for a $1200 car with 125,000 miles on it I'm very happy with it.

Idle miss fire, electrical problem, Rides Nice
By mikedennehy70

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Just bought a 1998 Diamante for 2,700, after getting new tires and fixing a bad front brake caliper it rides nice. I am still working on what I think is an electrical problem. The doors unlock on their own at random and the car can be on or off. Also,the engine idle miss fire still have not figured out. Check engine light is not on. Runs great but still need to figure out these problems befor I say its a good car.

Great Price with all luxury compared to a Honda Accord or Civic. 210 Hp engine, handles like a sports car.

What A Bargain
By Fordham

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my LS for 12,500 in 2003 and have never had a problem with it. It is faster than the Altima and Camry, and has beautiful Leather and wood inside. I get 30 mpg on the highway.

Driver sensitive computer. The car actually adjusts to my driving style.

None

8 Years now
By Sov1

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I've had this Diamante since early 2002. I love its look, the way it (used to) drive, and the driver comfort. As the years went on & I put more miles on it, of course, more went wrong with it. It's down right now, needing its third alternator. It has over 197,000 miles on it, though, and overall, I'm pleased with its life performance. It has a power steering problem (seems like fluid leak) that neither of my mechanics can fix. In the last 3 months, the steering has also become a bit less reliable - you have to turn the wheel more if you round a curve at over 35 mph.

Front seat comfort, driving pleasure/pick-up. Also like the trunk size, really bigger than it looks.

Interior lighting, like others have said; and the drink holders - you can't use them at the same time you have your ashtray open/use your lighter receptacle. That was the only thing that really irritated me about this car. I couldn't plug anything into the lighter & hold a drink at the same time.

Goo Buy for a Used Car
By Tekball9

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this 98 Diamante with 156K miles in it. So far I've had it for few months and no problem at all as far as maintenance. The only issue I have is the antenna makes this weird noise when I turn the radio on and it doesn't want to go down when I turn the radio off. The paint in the back if oxidizing but I think the previous owner really never took care of the waxing part. It's a fun car to drive with the luxury feel to it. I recommend buying one.

headlights look like BMWs

Antenna needs to be recalled.