1997 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
MY DIAMANTE
By csw2312 on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

My experiance with the Mitsubishi Diamante has been a good one, except for some minor problems.

Diamante Dynamics
By mmlee1 on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

My experience in owning a 1997 Diamante LS has been great! It performs well, and handles superior. The merging power is incredible above 50 mph. The ride is supple and quiet, the torque this car has provides smooth distance riding. The only flaw is the brakes; they wear out very fast!

screaming bargain
By elwood on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

I am a frugal car nut. I keep a list of cars that I like when new. I watch for the ones that have high reliability ratings and depreciate like a brick. Enter the Diamante. Why no one buys them new? I do not know, and don't care. The result? Two years ago I purchased a '97 w/ only 27K on the clock in mint cond. for only $15,700. Happy motoring since.

Diamante dilema
By cc rides on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Great looking car - go easy on braking as they will need frequent replacement - would've liked heated seats for the leather (not avail in '97 model)- would like directional in the area where little tv screen - negatives include continuos trans problems in 2nd gear slipping and catching, some burning of the fluid - dealer seemed to keep doing little things to stall on replacing it- no other problems so may replace trans - also a little problem with trunk release occas not working or key in trunk not working properly when trunk has boxes in it -

HONESTLY
By pA TEL on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

i wouldnt buy it brand new. i think its the best used car to buy because of its resale value. i bought mine 97 diamante for 10k [only 50k miles on it]. if you can find a better value than that let me know! i sounds great when you step on it. i do wish it had stronger brakes. i love the transmission it adjusts to driver's driving habits its kind of cool. its one of the best looking cars [like all mitsus]

Smooth ride but won't buy again
By ollymaggi on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Annoying transmission problems (noticeable jerk at certain speed) every now and then. Driver door wasn't a tight fit, but had it fixed under warranty. No other problems worth mentioning. Still love the car. However, as I mentioned earlier I will not buy this car again.

Honest Reality
By DrieOlo on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I've had to replace the transmission and the passenger side window. The sunroof also has occassional difficulties opening but will eventually open if you play with it long enough. But its an overall good car/ powerful car.

Very nice car
By DF on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Styling, performance and reliability is great. Interior very classy and comfortable. Rivals the Lexus, Acuras and alike in all respects except maybe build quality (although it has been extremely reliable and virtually trouble free). The only negatives might be the somewhat quirky transmission, but I would still buy it again. Very nice for the money.

kj
By Petern6 on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Very good, loveable car!!!