1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
The one and only, Diamante
By Michael on 12/11/08 12:43 PM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I love the Diamante, she's my Mitsu~ I live in Seattle, Washington and the weather here is really weird. Sometimes it rains a lot, snow once in a while, and occasionally, it'll be sunny. But nonetheless, through it all my Diamante has been amazing. Over 150,000 miles and still running strong! What I like the most from the Diamante is its uniqueness from other cars. Everyone these days is out sporting a Honda Civic/Accord or perhaps, a Toyota Corolla/Camry. It's soo boring! That's where the Diamante comes in. Diamante brings a new experience to the road that only a selected few may experience. Diamante is smooth and sleek; made for those that enjoy the finer things in life.

Mixed Feelings...
By rowe0816 on 07/02/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I love my Diamante, especially since it's my first car. Styling is beautiful (looks like a BMW) and is the definition of luxury. Brakes do wear fast, and transmission does jerk a lot. Gas mileage is actually decent considering it has a V6 engine (I usually get 18-20 MPG). Around 100,000 miles, it seemed like every part needed replaced, radiator, starter, 2 head gaskets. It had a lot of mechanical problems which shouldn't be happening at only 100,000 miles. But all things considered, it's a fair car, and I got a great deal on it so it's hard to complain about that.

Nice car
By cm on 06/22/08 21:26 PM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Love my 97 diamante ls. Only thing bothers me is the transmission. Sometimes it jerks like a stick shift but other than that its a great car to have and buy.

Good experience owning this car
By Bill on 04/25/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Diamante in 2000 with 44k. It ran relatively maintenance free until about 2004. Since then have replaced front and rear struts and radiator. Have replaced brakes three times since purchase. Currently have 112k on car. Overall this has been a reliable vehicle with good performance and comfort. I am thinking about replacing this vehicle because of family needs, but I will miss it. I would purchase this car again.

Mitsubishi Diamante (Diamond) indeed
By Michael on 04/18/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Diamante for a steal at $2,500 last November 11, 2007. It's an ES but came with all the optional features (sun roof, leather, CD player, etc.). I've been driving it since then with normal maintenance and it's been just phenomenal. I was weary at first having no clue what I was getting myself into, but after testing the car out I fell in love with it! I wanted a car that wasn't already on the road at mass production like the Honda Accords/Civics or the Toyota Camry/Corolla. I wanted something a bit more speical, that's when I ran into the Mitsubishi Diamante. Ever since I've bought this car I've been a happy driver~ Good luck to everyone, I hope this review somewhat helps

I love my Mitz
By Jamie0827 on 01/18/08 15:13 PM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am a proud owner of a "Mitz" Mitsubishi Diamante. I love my car it's fast, nice inside and out, and it's good on gas, I got it used and I have not had any problems with it since. (Thank GOD!) I also just love the color it like a baby blue, also like no other.

Still Happy!
By Tommysgirl3 on 04/27/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Except for the quirky little jerk sometimes while the transmission shifts to 2nd gear, this is one of the best cars I have ever owned. No maintenance issues, great gas mileage and an overall reliable vehicle. I purchased it in 2000 with 37,000; I'm now at 98,000 miles with years to go.

Rough in the Diamante
By Mauricio on 01/06/07 04:50 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Diamante with 77,000 miles for cheap. It's a dream ride. It's quiet, powerful, smooth. But it's a heavy car, so the brakes go fast and they are not strong enough for the car. The transmission is not strong enough either. Over a long period and it starts to fail when down shifting. It seems like it's a common problem on high mileage Diamantes. A lot of little things have started to go wrong. The AC started failing. The trunk didn't open from inside anymore. The leather seat started ripping, etc. They are excellent cars for a while. The drop in the bucket was the failing distributor at 99,000 miles. After that, I had to sell it. Too bad, they are not easy to find and I miss it.

Bought It New
By bsm on 07/13/06 01:49 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

The car has been a dream. It has over 182,000 miles and my only problem was the brakes initially until a mechanic changed me to another brake pad. I will probably get over 300,000 miles out of the car. This is the only car in my life I have ever kept for more than two years. Its transmission seems odd to other drivers who borrow the car but that is because it adapts to each drivers driving habits after about three or four times they have driven it consecutively. This is the best money I have ever spent on a car.

Love this car!
By Rev Dee on 03/03/06 18:41 PM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante for four years and have had very few problems. I love the torque and the ride. I also love the look and the feel.