Used 1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

The one and only, Diamante
By Michael

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I love the Diamante, she's my Mitsu~ I live in Seattle, Washington and the weather here is really weird. Sometimes it rains a lot, snow once in a while, and occasionally, it'll be sunny. But nonetheless, through it all my Diamante has been amazing. Over 150,000 miles and still running strong! What I like the most from the Diamante is its uniqueness from other cars. Everyone these days is out sporting a Honda Civic/Accord or perhaps, a Toyota Corolla/Camry. It's soo boring! That's where the Diamante comes in. Diamante brings a new experience to the road that only a selected few may experience. Diamante is smooth and sleek; made for those that enjoy the finer things in life.

Leather power seats, frameless windows, sunroof, extremely smooth power steering, classic-car look, The awesome digital climate control monitor, and of course we can't forget the 3.5 V6 210 hp, 231 torque engine! Haha woot!!!

There's no point since the car is discontinued, but for future references, better gas mileage, some interior light would help, and add MORE JDM after-market parts!

Mixed Feelings...
By rowe0816

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I love my Diamante, especially since it's my first car. Styling is beautiful (looks like a BMW) and is the definition of luxury. Brakes do wear fast, and transmission does jerk a lot. Gas mileage is actually decent considering it has a V6 engine (I usually get 18-20 MPG). Around 100,000 miles, it seemed like every part needed replaced, radiator, starter, 2 head gaskets. It had a lot of mechanical problems which shouldn't be happening at only 100,000 miles. But all things considered, it's a fair car, and I got a great deal on it so it's hard to complain about that.

Powerful engine, exterior design, automatic heating/AC controls

Brakes and transmission.

Nice car
By cm

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Love my 97 diamante ls. Only thing bothers me is the transmission. Sometimes it jerks like a stick shift but other than that its a great car to have and buy.

leather seats and sunroof/moonroof, air control screen etc

Brakes and heated seats especially for the winter if u have leather seats

Good experience owning this car
By Bill

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Diamante in 2000 with 44k. It ran relatively maintenance free until about 2004. Since then have replaced front and rear struts and radiator. Have replaced brakes three times since purchase. Currently have 112k on car. Overall this has been a reliable vehicle with good performance and comfort. I am thinking about replacing this vehicle because of family needs, but I will miss it. I would purchase this car again.

Acceleration, moon roof, body styling.

Improve braking system with larger rotors and transmission is sometimes funky, but no problems yet.

Mitsubishi Diamante (Diamond) indeed
By Michael

1997 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my Diamante for a steal at $2,500 last November 11, 2007. It's an ES but came with all the optional features (sun roof, leather, CD player, etc.). I've been driving it since then with normal maintenance and it's been just phenomenal. I was weary at first having no clue what I was getting myself into, but after testing the car out I fell in love with it! I wanted a car that wasn't already on the road at mass production like the Honda Accords/Civics or the Toyota Camry/Corolla. I wanted something a bit more speical, that's when I ran into the Mitsubishi Diamante. Ever since I've bought this car I've been a happy driver~ Good luck to everyone, I hope this review somewhat helps

Leather interior, V6-powered! Over 200 hp & torque! Nice sleek aerodynamic wide-body kit like body, huge trunk space, and very dependable.

Err... it doesn't seem very relevant now since they have a new model out already; which is hideous, but for this car I would say rear passenger seat space.