1995 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Great car all these years
By Gene on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at a dealer auction in 1999 with only 25,000 miles on it. I believe it came off a lease. I now have 145,000 and the only problem I ever had was the transmission going out at 96,000. I figure the car has paid for itself 3 times over even with the transmission replacement. Because it rides so nice and gets decent gas mileage, I intend on driving it until it gives up the ghost. The paint still looks new and yes it has nitpick items like a crappy cup holder but hey, I can live with those.

My first car was my mitsubishi!
By AntyBaby on 08/10/10 00:54 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 2 years now and it was my first car I got when I got my learners. This is a perfect starter car for any new driver, super easy to learn on. I got the car with about 123,000 miles on it and right now it has about 135,000. It the past 2 years the only serious problem I've had was I had to replace the water pump which turned out to be really expensive. The ac just recently stopped working and I'm not really sure why. I've read the other reviews and I'm hoping I'm not having the same problems as some. When I get to a certain speed the car shakes and I have to let off the gas. Overall this was a great car but its almost time for a change.

I give my Diamante a 9.5!!!
By tsunami on 07/31/09 21:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I don't know what kind of lemons these other bloggers bought, but I bought my '95 Diamante LS with 42,700 miles on it in 2003. It is stock and is white with a moonroof, leather interior, stock Infinity sound system, the stock tape deck has an audio in port that will work with iPods and has a 6 disc changer in the trunk - stock. An old man must've owned it because it was in pristine condition inside, outside, and mechanically speaking. It currently has 115,000 miles on it and runs like the day it came off the assembly line. No problems. Had to replace the alternator once ($80). POWERFUL, RELIABLE car. AND it looks awesome even still today in 2009 and turns ALL the girls' heads. Can't go wrong

Lovely on the outside, but not built well
By Amber on 04/22/09 12:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

I really miss my Monte, it was beautiful and I could sleep in it! But it kept messing up consistently. In the 2 years it was running I spent over $5,000. It was smoking out the back, oil was leaking (even after i had it 'fixed'), it ATE gas (filled it about 3 times a week), AC gave out (brand new compressor), the radio needed to have some code put in by a dealership to be turned on. I entered the wrong one twice and had to pay 300 to get some idiotic numbers. Finally while driving down I-95 at Okachobee it started to sputter and never accelerated again. Almost killed me and my friend. Basically it was lovely on the outside, but not built well and cost way too much money to fix anything.

Loved it but now dissapointed
By Fan on 09/08/08 16:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 70,000 miles and had heard it would last into the 200,000's. But I'm at 126,000 and I have had smoke out the back for awhile now. I have to either put in a new engine ($3000+) or get a new car. I did love it while it was good. It was definitely a gem of its time!

'95 Diamante ES
By corey gates on 08/02/06 23:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

It has a strong reliable engine. It is the perfect car to just drive around with no real destination. It's the most affordable top of the line luxury sedan. It was used as a rental car due to it's reliability and comfort.

My Diamante has been fabulous!
By Kathy on 05/19/06 23:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

This is my second Diamante. I leased one in 1992 and hated to turn it in. Then I bought this one new in 1995. I have about 140,000 miles on it and only have had minor repairs other than the norm. This car looks great. I will not sell it, but use it as a second car or give it to a college student. What a wonderful car it has been. My interior looks bad now but I will invest in reuphostery, the car is surely worth it!

Mitsubishi Rules
By Bosnia Rules! on 03/06/06 20:55 PM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante at auction with 122,000 miles on it. I drove it untill 137,000 miles. It was an excellent car. I regret the day that I traded comfort for fuel eficiency. The Diamante was fun to drive, fast, and never had any problems. It did brake a lug nut when the Les Schwab guys replaced its front tires. I drove it with overdive on since it would not shift gears if overdrive was off. It would go 210 miles per tank. I drove it for a 1.5 years like that.

Loved the car, then....
By hondanow on 08/11/05 01:21 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

The anti-lock brake light would come on when I drove on the highway. Dealer couldn't figure it out...eventually I took it in for a tune up and the dealer told me my whole ABS brake system was shot and it would cost over $4,000 to fix it! I was sick when I had to sell the car for junk...with only 130,000 miles on it...not good for a car these days.

Best car i ever had
By dave g on 07/12/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

I am debating whether to sell or not. The car looks great and runs like a quiet lexus, but my a/c went and i am told i need a new compressor and maybe a condenser by the dealer. Since it is a 95 i am tempted to sell it and buy a new car. The car runs like new and it is dealer maintained. They always do such a great job that i dont mind overpaying a little. The dealer tels me that if i fix the a/c that i will be goood for a long time, but how can i trust them? They say that the 95 was the best Diamante ever built. What would you do?