Used 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Great car all these years
By Gene

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car at a dealer auction in 1999 with only 25,000 miles on it. I believe it came off a lease. I now have 145,000 and the only problem I ever had was the transmission going out at 96,000. I figure the car has paid for itself 3 times over even with the transmission replacement. Because it rides so nice and gets decent gas mileage, I intend on driving it until it gives up the ghost. The paint still looks new and yes it has nitpick items like a crappy cup holder but hey, I can live with those.

You can hang sides of beef in the car with the air conditioning. Never had any problems with the heating/cooling system. Great Infinity sound system.

cup holder

My first car was my mitsubishi!
By AntyBaby

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 2 years now and it was my first car I got when I got my learners. This is a perfect starter car for any new driver, super easy to learn on. I got the car with about 123,000 miles on it and right now it has about 135,000. It the past 2 years the only serious problem I've had was I had to replace the water pump which turned out to be really expensive. The ac just recently stopped working and I'm not really sure why. I've read the other reviews and I'm hoping I'm not having the same problems as some. When I get to a certain speed the car shakes and I have to let off the gas. Overall this was a great car but its almost time for a change.

all the memories i have with it

the cup holders definitely poor and were a bad idea. I've had a lot of minor things break like the glove box, the driver side window made a loud banging noise when i roll it up, the ash tray cover snapped off and a few minor other things that are probably too expensive to worry about.

I give my Diamante a 9.5!!!
By tsunami

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I don't know what kind of lemons these other bloggers bought, but I bought my '95 Diamante LS with 42,700 miles on it in 2003. It is stock and is white with a moonroof, leather interior, stock Infinity sound system, the stock tape deck has an audio in port that will work with iPods and has a 6 disc changer in the trunk - stock. An old man must've owned it because it was in pristine condition inside, outside, and mechanically speaking. It currently has 115,000 miles on it and runs like the day it came off the assembly line. No problems. Had to replace the alternator once ($80). POWERFUL, RELIABLE car. AND it looks awesome even still today in 2009 and turns ALL the girls' heads. Can't go wrong

Favorite features is the 3.0 DOHC Mitsubishi engine which is the same engine the 3000GT has in it. It's clocked for 150 and trust me, IT CAN DO IT. AND they didn't start putting the automatic shutoff in til 1996, so it won't turn the car off if you go over 115mph like they do in any car 96 & up.

I have no suggested improvements. The car is BEAUTIFUL & POWERFUL stock. BUT, it is a Mitsu and they do look beautiful modded up... It IS an import afterall.

Lovely on the outside, but not built well
By Amber

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

I really miss my Monte, it was beautiful and I could sleep in it! But it kept messing up consistently. In the 2 years it was running I spent over $5,000. It was smoking out the back, oil was leaking (even after i had it 'fixed'), it ATE gas (filled it about 3 times a week), AC gave out (brand new compressor), the radio needed to have some code put in by a dealership to be turned on. I entered the wrong one twice and had to pay 300 to get some idiotic numbers. Finally while driving down I-95 at Okachobee it started to sputter and never accelerated again. Almost killed me and my friend. Basically it was lovely on the outside, but not built well and cost way too much money to fix anything.

It was beautiful.

Maybe my mechanic was just ripping me off, but it cost SO MUCH for up keep. it was really just a pretty bucket.

Loved it but now dissapointed
By Fan

1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 70,000 miles and had heard it would last into the 200,000's. But I'm at 126,000 and I have had smoke out the back for awhile now. I have to either put in a new engine ($3000+) or get a new car. I did love it while it was good. It was definitely a gem of its time!

equalizer on stereo, controls on the wheel, and general sturdiness of the car

Better engines for longer life