1994 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Poor gas mileage
By nahid1 on 02/10/13 11:36 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Please don't buy this car if you have options. Very bad on gas plus it needs expensive repair every now and then.

Diamante ES 1994 Honest Review
By Aleksandr K on 09/19/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

At first, when I got the car I was very happy to have it. Drives quiet and I felt very comfortable driving it. The car showed itself to be very slow and big like a boat. I didn't know what kind of engine is there so I researched and I find that the there is 3.0 V6 which produces 175hp. Too little for a car of this size. The ES has 3.0 v6 SOCH 12valve (2 valve per cylinder) 175hp. The car handles well except sharp turns; It drifts.

265,000 and still strong
By Collete Anderson on 01/12/09 08:13 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

I just wanted to send a testimony to my 1994 Diamante Wagon. I have driven it for the last five years with only routine maintenance. The 'ol girl has 265,000 miles on it, and I just replaced the timing belt...hoping to get to 300,000 and beyond. A joy to drive!

94 Diamante ES Sedan
By mollie on 04/25/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at a year old with 22K. In 13 years of ownership, it's had ONE unscheduled service--needed a new starter motor 2 years ago. Overall, this is the best car I've owned. It's totally reliable and has never failed to crank on the first try except for the day it needed that starter motor. Best car ever on the highway--safe and comfortable. I have nothing bad to say about my Diamante. It's a wonderful car. Too bad Mitsu didn't keep it up.

I Can't Quit Her!
By MollyM on 12/03/06 13:01 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Who knew this would end up being my all-time favorite car, beating out two Mercedes and an Audi? Not even me. My Diamante ES has been totally reliable, only seeing the inside of the shop for 30,000 mile scheduled maintenance except for a new idle motor a year ago. I never get tired of driving it. The engine started the known valve seal problem after 80,000 miles but I just keep the oil level up, occasionally add a bottle of Lucas. Its handling is great for this class car, esp with latest tires, Kumho Solus KH18s. I bought an Accord two years ago thinking Molly would need to retire after ten years. She sat ignored until I sold the Honda, realizing I didn't like it as much and didn't need it!

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By Ray on 10/21/06 10:57 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

I now have about 328,000 miles on this car and have had it since it was new. Besides normal maintenance (brakes, tires, filters, etc), I've only replaced a ball joint, alternator, engine manifold exhaust pipe, and fuel injectors. The engine and tranny are original and in great condition. There is no sign of them wearing out yet. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of this car. It still looks great with only very small spots of rust just developing on the front fenders just behind the wheels. The cloth interior also still looks great with no signs of wear. I've never had a car like this before.

Great Car
By Joe B. on 11/07/04 07:55 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 110,000 miles on it. As soon as I drove it I loved it. Great low end torque, smooth ride, lots of options. Very minor mechanical problems. I can't count anymore how many compliments I have gotten while going into a supermarket, or at a gas station about how nice of a car I have.

Great car parked w/grass all around
By jWdupont on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

Best car I ever owned until the warranty ran out... then, new steering assembly ($1500). Electrical problems out the wazoo. The coup de gras, engine blew due to defective cam shaft,and I change the oil every 2000 miles, like an idiot, and this car made feel like one. I spent another $1800 to fix the engine, but they couldn't put Humpty togather again. I sold it to my neighbor for $600 and begged him not to buy it. Now the his grass is growing around it. He thought he could fix it, but 1 year later it still sits. Mitsubishi, fool me once, shame on you.

A lovely car nobody owns...
By apphillips on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

Apparently there are about 85 of these in the Bay Area (out of 5M cars...). This was the most comfortable wagon, with the best ergonomics, space, and setup. Extremely comfortable for me (6'5") and the whole family. The problem with this car: the engines just suck. At about 85,000 miles this car started developing all sorts of problems (leaks in the block, for example) and mechanics reported that this is not uncommon. Traded this car, sadly, for a Subaru.

good old Diamante
By bdkman on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 14K dealer demo miles and owned it through 100K. Love this car! very BMW-ish styling with great reliability. Upgraded to 16" alloy wheels and good tires -good move for handling and less brake fade/wobble. Door locks got a little funny(mind of their own)probably due to worn D.door switch. Highly recommend this car!