Used 1994 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Poor gas mileage
By nahid1

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Please don't buy this car if you have options. Very bad on gas plus it needs expensive repair every now and then.

Diamante ES 1994 Honest Review
By Aleksandr K

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

At first, when I got the car I was very happy to have it. Drives quiet and I felt very comfortable driving it. The car showed itself to be very slow and big like a boat. I didn't know what kind of engine is there so I researched and I find that the there is 3.0 V6 which produces 175hp. Too little for a car of this size. The ES has 3.0 v6 SOCH 12valve (2 valve per cylinder) 175hp. The car handles well except sharp turns; It drifts.

My favorite features in this car are probably the v6 motor. Even tho it is not big enough for this car, but it sounds and feels beautiful. An infinity sound system and the sharp exterior look.

I wish the car had a bigger engine or it was twice lighter.

265,000 and still strong
By Collete Anderson

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Wagon

I just wanted to send a testimony to my 1994 Diamante Wagon. I have driven it for the last five years with only routine maintenance. The 'ol girl has 265,000 miles on it, and I just replaced the timing belt...hoping to get to 300,000 and beyond. A joy to drive!

94 Diamante ES Sedan
By mollie

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at a year old with 22K. In 13 years of ownership, it's had ONE unscheduled service--needed a new starter motor 2 years ago. Overall, this is the best car I've owned. It's totally reliable and has never failed to crank on the first try except for the day it needed that starter motor. Best car ever on the highway--safe and comfortable. I have nothing bad to say about my Diamante. It's a wonderful car. Too bad Mitsu didn't keep it up.

Great stock sound system. Very comfortable front seats. Good visibility. Great highway handling.

The cup holder is a joke!

I Can't Quit Her!
By MollyM

1994 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Who knew this would end up being my all-time favorite car, beating out two Mercedes and an Audi? Not even me. My Diamante ES has been totally reliable, only seeing the inside of the shop for 30,000 mile scheduled maintenance except for a new idle motor a year ago. I never get tired of driving it. The engine started the known valve seal problem after 80,000 miles but I just keep the oil level up, occasionally add a bottle of Lucas. Its handling is great for this class car, esp with latest tires, Kumho Solus KH18s. I bought an Accord two years ago thinking Molly would need to retire after ten years. She sat ignored until I sold the Honda, realizing I didn't like it as much and didn't need it!

I love the overall styling - this is still a great looking car for its age. The front seat comfort is excellent, so is the sound system. I get decent gas mileage; never less than 19 in town and high 20's on the road. This car is a dream on the highway, stable and steady-and a very safe feeling car generally.

The cup holder is a bad joke. The driver's seat belt has a plastic piece that gets stuck between the seat and the door jamb so it doesn't retract well when released. I don't like the horn "buttons." The metal peels off the interior door handles. Provide body molding that offers actual protection.