Used 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Wagon

ES 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Reliable old car
By rondo

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Wagon ES 4dr Wagon

As a student, I inherited this car, which has surpassed my expectations. The car is comfortable, and has so many options, even more than most new cars. It handles well on the highway at high speeds, the engine is slow but keeps up with traffic and is reliable except when the water pump failed. It has a lot of space and looks decent (small factory spoiler and sporty alloy wheels) The transmission shifts roughly when taking off from a stop but on the highway the car is quieter and smoother that a lot of other cars I have been in. Also mine is one of the few cars from the early 90's to have the optional ABS.

Favorite Features

auto climate control, ABS, alloy wheels, audio system, center console, ok gas mileage, lots of buttons

Suggested Improvements

No roof racks, rough transmission (maybe its the high mileage 170k)

Gets me and my stuff wherever
By taylorg

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Wagon ES 4dr Wagon

I bought the car used with 118K on it. I paid 2,500 dollars. I was preparing to go cross country, from DC to Seattle, and needed a car that coudl carry all of my stuff. The Diamante Wagon seemed to fit the bill. It was fantastic all teh way over the Rockies and beyond. I have 131K on her now and not a lick of trouble.

Favorite Features

I like the V6, the transmission choices [econo/sport/overdrive]. It has been reliable. Burns no oil at this point. Doesnt look wimpy like most wagons. Paint has help up OK. Interior has held up OK.

Suggested Improvements

Struts need to be replaced. It aint happenin' captain. 600 bucks? Ha. Thats OK.