Used 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Never Took It In.......
By missymiss

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car from a private party in 02 and I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have never taken my car to be serviced... EVER! My dad changed the oil on occasions and with that said the car is still going. Amazingly I don't know how it's still running but it is. I don't like my car, it's old and ugly but damn you can put it through a lot and it keeps ticking.

Favorite Features

The inside is nice.

Suggested Improvements

It's not spacious.

1993 Diamante LS
By rockinout88

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This car wasn't bad...when I first bought it. I will agree that now that it has 225,000 miles on it, things will happen. However, this car is a nightmare. I recently found out that the engine in these cars has a recall. They burn oil and in 3,000 miles you will have nothing left. This goes along with the expensive parts I have had to replace. I would not suggest buying this car for the long term.

Favorite Features

The layout of the interior of this car is one of the better things about it, along with the stereo...I love it.

Suggested Improvements

Mitsubishi should have made things easier to get to inside the dash for necessary replacement or repair.

1993 Diamante
By duggles

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Overall this is not a bad car. However, the paint doesn't last, the seats are coming apart at the seams, and the automatic transmission is real troublesome. Also, this has to be one of the least aerodynamic cars I have ever driven - it gets about 18 mpg around town and about 20 on the highway.

Favorite Features

It does have a straight six cylinder enginge that is quite fast.

Great car
By schatzieG

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used a year and a half ago. Love how it handles. Great second car. Great on gas, averages about 35 city and 45 on the highway. Has great get up and go. Real nice looking car inside and out. Gets head turns everwhere I go.

Favorite Features

Overhead twin cam. Comfortable to drive and ride.

Suggested Improvements

Foreign parts are expensive!!

A Great Decade of Drivin'
By texson66

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed my Mitsubishi! It handled like a sports car( man, it can corner!), had a throaty growl on acceleration, and still looks great! The interior held up well for over 10 years ..just a small wear spot on the drivers side mat.

Favorite Features

My power sunroof open with the CD player cranked up! The radio controls on the wheel were a great feature too!

Suggested Improvements

I just wish the Mitsubishi company had more dealers and lower prices for their major replacement parts. To replace the struts cost nearly $3000! But I still Love that car!!!