Used 1993 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Reliable old car
By rondo

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Wagon

As a student, I inherited this car, which has surpassed my expectations. The car is comfortable, and has so many options, even more than most new cars. It handles well on the highway at high speeds, the engine is slow but keeps up with traffic and is reliable except when the water pump failed. It has a lot of space and looks decent (small factory spoiler and sporty alloy wheels) The transmission shifts roughly when taking off from a stop but on the highway the car is quieter and smoother that a lot of other cars I have been in. Also mine is one of the few cars from the early 90's to have the optional ABS.

auto climate control, ABS, alloy wheels, audio system, center console, ok gas mileage, lots of buttons

No roof racks, rough transmission (maybe its the high mileage 170k)

Never Took It In.......
By missymiss

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car from a private party in 02 and I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have never taken my car to be serviced... EVER! My dad changed the oil on occasions and with that said the car is still going. Amazingly I don't know how it's still running but it is. I don't like my car, it's old and ugly but damn you can put it through a lot and it keeps ticking.

The inside is nice.

It's not spacious.

1993 Diamante LS
By rockinout88

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

This car wasn't bad...when I first bought it. I will agree that now that it has 225,000 miles on it, things will happen. However, this car is a nightmare. I recently found out that the engine in these cars has a recall. They burn oil and in 3,000 miles you will have nothing left. This goes along with the expensive parts I have had to replace. I would not suggest buying this car for the long term.

The layout of the interior of this car is one of the better things about it, along with the stereo...I love it.

Mitsubishi should have made things easier to get to inside the dash for necessary replacement or repair.

1993 Diamante
By duggles

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Overall this is not a bad car. However, the paint doesn't last, the seats are coming apart at the seams, and the automatic transmission is real troublesome. Also, this has to be one of the least aerodynamic cars I have ever driven - it gets about 18 mpg around town and about 20 on the highway.

It does have a straight six cylinder enginge that is quite fast.

Great car
By schatzieG

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used a year and a half ago. Love how it handles. Great second car. Great on gas, averages about 35 city and 45 on the highway. Has great get up and go. Real nice looking car inside and out. Gets head turns everwhere I go.

Overhead twin cam. Comfortable to drive and ride.

Foreign parts are expensive!!

• SUV