1993 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
Reliable old car
By rondo on 04/13/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Wagon

As a student, I inherited this car, which has surpassed my expectations. The car is comfortable, and has so many options, even more than most new cars. It handles well on the highway at high speeds, the engine is slow but keeps up with traffic and is reliable except when the water pump failed. It has a lot of space and looks decent (small factory spoiler and sporty alloy wheels) The transmission shifts roughly when taking off from a stop but on the highway the car is quieter and smoother that a lot of other cars I have been in. Also mine is one of the few cars from the early 90's to have the optional ABS.

Never Took It In.......
By missymiss on 04/26/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car from a private party in 02 and I'm embarrassed to admit this but I have never taken my car to be serviced... EVER! My dad changed the oil on occasions and with that said the car is still going. Amazingly I don't know how it's still running but it is. I don't like my car, it's old and ugly but damn you can put it through a lot and it keeps ticking.

1993 Diamante LS
By rockinout88 on 01/04/07 08:44 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

This car wasn't bad...when I first bought it. I will agree that now that it has 225,000 miles on it, things will happen. However, this car is a nightmare. I recently found out that the engine in these cars has a recall. They burn oil and in 3,000 miles you will have nothing left. This goes along with the expensive parts I have had to replace. I would not suggest buying this car for the long term.

1993 Diamante
By duggles on 04/08/06 06:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Overall this is not a bad car. However, the paint doesn't last, the seats are coming apart at the seams, and the automatic transmission is real troublesome. Also, this has to be one of the least aerodynamic cars I have ever driven - it gets about 18 mpg around town and about 20 on the highway.

Great car
By schatzieG on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car used a year and a half ago. Love how it handles. Great second car. Great on gas, averages about 35 city and 45 on the highway. Has great get up and go. Real nice looking car inside and out. Gets head turns everwhere I go.

A Great Decade of Drivin'
By texson66 on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed my Mitsubishi! It handled like a sports car( man, it can corner!), had a throaty growl on acceleration, and still looks great! The interior held up well for over 10 years ..just a small wear spot on the drivers side mat.

Gets me and my stuff wherever
By taylorg on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Wagon

I bought the car used with 118K on it. I paid 2,500 dollars. I was preparing to go cross country, from DC to Seattle, and needed a car that coudl carry all of my stuff. The Diamante Wagon seemed to fit the bill. It was fantastic all teh way over the Rockies and beyond. I have 131K on her now and not a lick of trouble.

Beware the gadgetry
By Ziggy on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

This was a great car to drive when I first got it, but soon thereafter things began to fall apart. Be careful when you have to replace the struts. They run approximately $1000 apiece not to mention replacing the compressor for the air ride system. Speaking with mechanics who have fixed my car, they have mentioned similar problems with other Diamantes including problems with the transmission, air compressed struts, air conditioning. I can't wait to finally get rid of the car. I am convinced that Diamante means "headache" in Japanese.

Best Sedan
By Dizamante on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I believe this is one of the best Mitsubishi sedans out there, or sedan in general. My family all owns Mitsubishi's and we all love them. This car out performs Honda, Toyota, Nissan and any other Japanese sedans out there. Plus the quality is great, and will last for another 100,000 miles. I have pushed it everyday since I have got it and it still goes smoothly.

... and I drove Mercedes before!
By benderr on 03/16/02 00:07 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES 4dr Sedan

Since I'm riding in this japanese dream I'm not missing a thing at all. What's worth to be mentioned is the very high mileage: when I bought it, the odometer showed 189000 miles - that was in the end of '99! Now I just surpassed the magic 222222 barrier and the engine still has that confident powerful expression - how I love that! To paint the complete picture, I have to add that I needed to get the rocker box cover gasket replaced as part of the maintenance which I still order but that's the only exceptional expense I had. Bottom line: get your hands on one!