Used 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

satisfied
By dave veltman

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

very dependable car. average about 1000 dollars annual in maintenance. keep the car in good shape. rebuilt engine at 225000 miles. started using a little oil. after rebuilt fuel economy went from 22 to 28 mi per gallon and very little oil. runs like new at 250000 mi and body still stylish. lincoln ls looks just like it in 2004. I would buy another diamante. everyone else i talked with was very happy with theres. I have never done a brake job, transmission work or muffler system. only one alternator and starter. love this car and plan on hitting 400000 mi.

interior, style still current. low maintenance and high dependability. Parts last a lot longer then american cars. the car is built very solid and runs quietly.

cvc joint needs replaced too frequently because the rubber boot will crack then dirt gets in there.

Happy
By Heritage

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

I am surprised by some of the reviews i am reading. My Diamante was passed down to me by my father of which he bought new. I have not experienced any problems in 1 1/2 years and i can vouch that over the life of this veh. my parents experienced limited problems. For those of you purchasing this or any used vehicle, scrutinize where and who the veh. was owned by. The way a veh. is driven and maintained can hurt a used car buyer. A car dealer obviuosly won't tell you that the last owner average speed is 80-90mph with oil changes every 15,000 miles if that and etc. Be careful!

interior cabin. for a 1992-upgrades comparable to vehicles on the market in 2004. if clean-still turns heads.

tires wear out tooooooo fast-repeated alignments needed.

Too Bad
By Timberwolf

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

If Mitsubishi had built the Zeros in WWII as poorly as the Diamantes, many more of our ships would have survived the Kamikaze attacks!

None that I know of

Luckily they are out of production

One of the best
By DGD

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

This car has never left me dry. Very dependable

Looks, Style. Reminds me of something James Bond Shoulda driven

Move the cup holder so it doesn't block the temperature controls when open.

Great Lasting Car
By Al

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

I owned the car for 10 years. That alone should tell you the quality of this vehicle. I have done one major tune up, changed the brakes pads (twice), tires (twice) and the timing belt once. The car has 165,000 miles and still drives great. The car was driven by me first, my wife second, my daughter third and I am back driving it. This car is worth every penny the asked for when I bought it. It is nice not to have car payments for 5 years!!!

Engine power, road handling and luxury looks.

Change timing belt to chain.