Used 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:

Some problems, but keeps on going.
By Thon

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with about 40k miles on it. It has always smoked. Had the water pump and timing belt replaced three times, problems with the rotors. The overall value has been good. It has 140,000 miles and still going. No car payments for many many years, put about 600 annually into repairs, but cheaper than a car payment. Fun to drive, still looks great. Super sound system died a few years ago.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, looks great, leather holds up well after 4 dogs and 2 babies in its lifetime. Lots of pep.

Suggested Improvements

Fix valve seals to stop smoking. Use timing chain, not belt. Move cup holder so it does not block controls, Cup holder in back. Need bigger rotors.

Nice Car
By blakea

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Bought almost a year ago at 148000 mi. Was told that the engine was rebuilt at 100000 mi, and have only had one minor problem with ignition coil, other than that, good car, comfy and fun. Tries to be slow to be nice to the environment, but if you make it go fast, it will... very.

Favorite Features

Quick, easy to drive, value.

Suggested Improvements

Same as many others, I actually broke my cup holder because I couldn't figure it out. (It's trickier than it sounds!)

Worth Every Penny
By Matt

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1992 Mitsubishi Diamante in 2003 for $1,800. It had 130,000 miles on it, but still ran like a top. It now has 158,000 miles and still runs well. I only had one problem, the ECM which was about $400-$500 to fix. Otherwise it hasn't cost me a penny other than regular stuff that all cars need. It always starts and has never left me stranded. The styling is great, it looks very classy! This is a great car, worth buying!

Favorite Features

Good looking, classy, and relatively quick.

Suggested Improvements

I can't really complan about anything for what I paid.

A Good Car 4 Me!
By temejo1

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I love this car. My dad let's me drive it. However, the transmission had to be rebuilt and the moon/sun roof doesn't work anymore, even when I put in new fuses. Also, the AC doesnt' work, and the Heat/Fan comes on and off whenever it wants...I think it's possessed. But, the car gets good gas mileage, even with 214,500 miles on it.

Favorite Features

Stylish body, moon/sun roof

Suggested Improvements

Better control of the heat/air and transmission.

satisfied
By dave veltman

1992 Mitsubishi Diamante 4dr Sedan

very dependable car. average about 1000 dollars annual in maintenance. keep the car in good shape. rebuilt engine at 225000 miles. started using a little oil. after rebuilt fuel economy went from 22 to 28 mi per gallon and very little oil. runs like new at 250000 mi and body still stylish. lincoln ls looks just like it in 2004. I would buy another diamante. everyone else i talked with was very happy with theres. I have never done a brake job, transmission work or muffler system. only one alternator and starter. love this car and plan on hitting 400000 mi.

Favorite Features

interior, style still current. low maintenance and high dependability. Parts last a lot longer then american cars. the car is built very solid and runs quietly.

Suggested Improvements

cvc joint needs replaced too frequently because the rubber boot will crack then dirt gets in there.