Used 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
3000GT
By annmarie

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

My 3000GT has been a wonderful, fun car. It is very responsive, hugs the road, and is extremely reliable. It have put 108,000 miles on the car and have had no major mechanical problems.

Favorite Features

Its style far passes anything on the road even today. Most people in Corvettes stop and admire my beaut.

Suggested Improvements

I have nothing to suggest, except that I think Mitsibushi should bring back the 3000GT.

Keith Review
By Keith_from_GPTX

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

LOVED THE CAR FIRST DAY I BOUGHT IT. Loved the car so much when I totaled my 1999 I bought another one with turbo this time - makes a big diff. I was in what could have been a very bad accident if I wasn't driving a brick - I hit almost dead on with new ford f-350 pulling a trailer and only small damage was apparent. LOVE THIS CAR.

Favorite Features

AWD.

Suggested Improvements

MAKE THIS CAR AGAIN - bring back the mitsu supercar mabie as a 400 / 450 hp hybrid sportscar like the toyota FT-HS.

Northern Colorado Owner
By KJZiggy

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

The 3000GT is a great overall sports car. It certainly is not the fastest, however it's not a dog either. It turns heads of even the higher end enthusiasts with its exceptional looks and the fact that there's not as many around as Mustangs which are a dime a dozen. The 1999 SL from what I have researched is kind of a rarity since they made less than 200 available for purchase. I hope this model increases in value as time goes along. I am keeping mine in mint condition and putting little miles on it by only driving in the summer occasionally. It handles the curves really great. I have had no problems except replacing the driver's seatbelt as it was retracting to slowly. I like the 1999 model the best as I have owned a 1994 GT which I traded for this 1999 SL when I found it.

Favorite Features

The body styling and lines are very sexy as far as cars go. Its wide stance and low profile make it look more expensive than it really is.

Suggested Improvements

Start the production of the 3000GT again soon as I may be interested in a new model.

Great Car
By kidd

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

This car handles like a dream. It hugs every turn, The interior is made of great quality. FUN to drive

Favorite Features

The gauge layout is easy to read

Suggested Improvements

Bring them back to production

I like them
By alaska

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I have a '99 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL and a '94 3000GT Base. They are both great cars. I prefer the spoiler on the '94, and I wonder what the duck-tail spoiler on the '67 to '69 Camaros would look like on a GT. These cars are expensive to maintain. Mine have been reliable, but the 60,000 mile service is extremely expensive. Their handling are excellent, power is adaquet for fooling around in town, and it still gets 20 mpg.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Start making them again.