1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
1999 3000GT VR4 Review
By alldaysteve on 09/15/14 21:49 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The 1999 3000GT VR4 is with out a doubt the most fun vehicle I have driven. I have driven Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros, and even Corvettes. The twin turbos, coax your right foot to the floor. It reminds me of a 2 stroke dirt bike power band. I am a privileged to own such an incredibly engineered machine.

Keith Review
By Keith_from_GPTX on 05/10/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

LOVED THE CAR FIRST DAY I BOUGHT IT. Loved the car so much when I totaled my 1999 I bought another one with turbo this time - makes a big diff. I was in what could have been a very bad accident if I wasn't driving a brick - I hit almost dead on with new ford f-350 pulling a trailer and only small damage was apparent. LOVE THIS CAR.

Great Car, why'd it end?!!
By miamito616 on 12/04/06 17:08 PM (PST)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The 3000GT is an unbelievable car. I upgraded it to 380 hp! It still gives me shivers when I look at it or switch the ignition! It has a great design, but its kind of hard to fit in - I'm 6'2" . This is still its a great car and the best birthday gift I've ever gotten

Northern Colorado Owner
By KJZiggy on 07/26/06 02:13 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

The 3000GT is a great overall sports car. It certainly is not the fastest, however it's not a dog either. It turns heads of even the higher end enthusiasts with its exceptional looks and the fact that there's not as many around as Mustangs which are a dime a dozen. The 1999 SL from what I have researched is kind of a rarity since they made less than 200 available for purchase. I hope this model increases in value as time goes along. I am keeping mine in mint condition and putting little miles on it by only driving in the summer occasionally. It handles the curves really great. I have had no problems except replacing the driver's seatbelt as it was retracting to slowly. I like the 1999 model the best as I have owned a 1994 GT which I traded for this 1999 SL when I found it.

3000GT
By annmarie on 05/13/06 20:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

My 3000GT has been a wonderful, fun car. It is very responsive, hugs the road, and is extremely reliable. It have put 108,000 miles on the car and have had no major mechanical problems.

I like them
By alaska on 09/20/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I have a '99 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL and a '94 3000GT Base. They are both great cars. I prefer the spoiler on the '94, and I wonder what the duck-tail spoiler on the '67 to '69 Camaros would look like on a GT. These cars are expensive to maintain. Mine have been reliable, but the 60,000 mile service is extremely expensive. Their handling are excellent, power is adaquet for fooling around in town, and it still gets 20 mpg.

Sticks like glue
By DS on 08/25/05 13:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

A great alternative to buying a Subaru WRX STI or Mitsubishi Lancer Evo at a fraction of the price, if you can find one. Handles great! The off the line performance is peaky, once the turbo kicks in over 2,200 rpm.

Love this car!
By Grant on 06/28/05 21:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

If you're looking for a great twin turbo car that already has 320 hp, and isn't jacked up in prices like the Supras and RX-7's, this is your car. It will take an RX-7, Supra, and Z28's off of the line, hands down. Non-believer? A Supra and an RX-7 are faster at a track in the 1/4 mile, but AWD rules the street. There are only a few in the 10's, but honestly, are you going to mod your car to run 10's and throw $15,000 into it, me neither. Looks, speed, reliability, this has it all. Only thing I can complain about is Mitsubishi's service and some of the odd quirks that the car has, nothing big though.

Great Car
By kidd on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car handles like a dream. It hugs every turn, The interior is made of great quality. FUN to drive

3000GT
By shaun O'Hara on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I love it and you should get it.