Used 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

1999 3000GT VR4 Review
By alldaysteve

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The 1999 3000GT VR4 is with out a doubt the most fun vehicle I have driven. I have driven Challengers, Mustangs, Camaros, and even Corvettes. The twin turbos, coax your right foot to the floor. It reminds me of a 2 stroke dirt bike power band. I am a privileged to own such an incredibly engineered machine.

The all wheel drive is great in the snow. The all wheel steering eliminates body roll when racing. The six speed transmission adds to the "wow factor". Fuel economy is excellent as long as you can keep your foot out of it. I averaged 34 MPG highway with the manual transmission.

I will buy another one given the opportunity.

Keith Review
By Keith_from_GPTX

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

LOVED THE CAR FIRST DAY I BOUGHT IT. Loved the car so much when I totaled my 1999 I bought another one with turbo this time - makes a big diff. I was in what could have been a very bad accident if I wasn't driving a brick - I hit almost dead on with new ford f-350 pulling a trailer and only small damage was apparent. LOVE THIS CAR.

AWD.

MAKE THIS CAR AGAIN - bring back the mitsu supercar mabie as a 400 / 450 hp hybrid sportscar like the toyota FT-HS.

Great Car, why'd it end?!!
By miamito616

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The 3000GT is an unbelievable car. I upgraded it to 380 hp! It still gives me shivers when I look at it or switch the ignition! It has a great design, but its kind of hard to fit in - I'm 6'2" . This is still its a great car and the best birthday gift I've ever gotten

The power, looks, and the respect that I get for driving it.

Give it more headroom and bring it back!

Northern Colorado Owner
By KJZiggy

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

The 3000GT is a great overall sports car. It certainly is not the fastest, however it's not a dog either. It turns heads of even the higher end enthusiasts with its exceptional looks and the fact that there's not as many around as Mustangs which are a dime a dozen. The 1999 SL from what I have researched is kind of a rarity since they made less than 200 available for purchase. I hope this model increases in value as time goes along. I am keeping mine in mint condition and putting little miles on it by only driving in the summer occasionally. It handles the curves really great. I have had no problems except replacing the driver's seatbelt as it was retracting to slowly. I like the 1999 model the best as I have owned a 1994 GT which I traded for this 1999 SL when I found it.

The body styling and lines are very sexy as far as cars go. Its wide stance and low profile make it look more expensive than it really is.

Start the production of the 3000GT again soon as I may be interested in a new model.

3000GT
By annmarie

1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

My 3000GT has been a wonderful, fun car. It is very responsive, hugs the road, and is extremely reliable. It have put 108,000 miles on the car and have had no major mechanical problems.

Its style far passes anything on the road even today. Most people in Corvettes stop and admire my beaut.

I have nothing to suggest, except that I think Mitsibushi should bring back the 3000GT.