Used 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

3000GT SL DOHC 5 Speed
By billman2

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Solid car just hit 100K miles and still no rattles or noises and runs and shifts as new. It has good power with the 5 spd...much better than our Stealth R/T auto. Handling is very nice and tight if you upgrade the rear swaybar to the bigger Addco bar and it stll rides smooth unlike most sporty cars we've had. 60K maint is important since it's a quadcam engine the belt won't last forever.

Favorite Features

I allways have people following off the quarter checking out the car and asking questions at the pumps.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller steering wheel.

Run Mustang Run
By ownleewon

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best cars Mitsubishi has made. It is faster than the V6 and hangs with the V8 GT Mustang and it's only a 3.0 Liter V6 Engine. I love the way people turn to look at it.

Favorite Features

It's fast and furious.

Suggested Improvements

For a V6 it wastes a little too much gas.

98 5spd SL
By GreenGT09

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car without a doubt is my favorite car of all time. I have a 98 SL 5spd and the pickup and power is nice. Although it's not a car for roll races on the highway. Off the line though it can upset some pretty fast cars like mustang GT's. Overall it's a great car, pretty quick, and a major head turner. I'm currently selling mine to get a Vr4.

Favorite Features

Style, Design, etc., pickup/acceleration handling

Suggested Improvements

Engine is not very reliable. After having it for only six months, the lifters in my engine are ticking and it isn't a pleasant sound. Not to mention my car only has 76,000 miles on it and I don't drive it hard.

What kind of car is that?
By baschia

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Since this is a 10 year old car it still has the shape of a new sports car today. I have a budget and wanted a car with a reasonable price. The headlights look like a jag and the doors have indentations like a viper. Since I'm a girl it's aggravating not having man hands to check under the hood. I don't drive it everyday but when I do it is puts myself in total bliss. I have hip and back problems but it rides so comfortable. Sometimes people stop me to comment how beautiful it is because there aren't very many in this area.

Favorite Features

I love how it sits low and handles the road. The color: bright red is perfect for this style.

AMAZING
By sdfg

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Great car. I've had one for about two years now and I still love it as much as the first time I drove it off the lot. Its got about 90,000 miles on it and the only thing I've had to replace is the clutch but the previous and only owner was a woman. Go figure but it's a pretty amazing car.

Favorite Features

Exterior. It's so sleek everybody looks when i drive by

Suggested Improvements

Lose the backseat, if you can even call it a backseat.