1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
Run Mustang Run
By ownleewon on 12/11/09 10:04 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best cars Mitsubishi has made. It is faster than the V6 and hangs with the V8 GT Mustang and it's only a 3.0 Liter V6 Engine. I love the way people turn to look at it.

98 5spd SL
By GreenGT09 on 05/20/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car without a doubt is my favorite car of all time. I have a 98 SL 5spd and the pickup and power is nice. Although it's not a car for roll races on the highway. Off the line though it can upset some pretty fast cars like mustang GT's. Overall it's a great car, pretty quick, and a major head turner. I'm currently selling mine to get a Vr4.

What kind of car is that?
By baschia on 09/20/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Since this is a 10 year old car it still has the shape of a new sports car today. I have a budget and wanted a car with a reasonable price. The headlights look like a jag and the doors have indentations like a viper. Since I'm a girl it's aggravating not having man hands to check under the hood. I don't drive it everyday but when I do it is puts myself in total bliss. I have hip and back problems but it rides so comfortable. Sometimes people stop me to comment how beautiful it is because there aren't very many in this area.

AMAZING
By sdfg on 06/05/08 10:01 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Great car. I've had one for about two years now and I still love it as much as the first time I drove it off the lot. Its got about 90,000 miles on it and the only thing I've had to replace is the clutch but the previous and only owner was a woman. Go figure but it's a pretty amazing car.

3000GT SL
By Dave on 09/01/06 06:02 AM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car has a timeless design. I haven't seen any new car that matches its lines, both inside and out. The interior is beautifully done and is very comfortable to drive around town and long distances. It has the appearance of a world class sports car and always catches eyes when its clean and shiny. It's a shame Mitsubishi stopped making them in '99!

1998 3000GT SL Black/Tan
By Brian J on 03/04/06 08:48 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I've had this vehicle for over five years now. I bought it in late 99' and saved $12,000 from the original $36,500 retail price. It has just over 40,000 miles on it now. I have not yet had a single problem with this vehicle. I'm 6'2" / 190lbs. and I do fit in the car fine, but someone taller or over 250 pounds would likely not be comfortable. The back seat is pretty much useless unless you're driving around someone under the age of 8. The performance on the SL is decent overall. The handling is great, It's a little slow off of the line, but better than the average car out there. Stock it has 220 HP, but I recommend getting a filter intake performance kit to knock it up to 230-240HP for under $100. It looks great!!

RED DEVIL
By red devil on 02/20/06 19:10 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT and all I can say is that I'm in love. It drives very smoothly for a sports car and I like the way everyone looks at it as I drive down the street. This is not my first Mitsubshi, I also own an Eclipse that I drove the heck out of. I've been very pleased with my cars.

Sluggish but Fun
By Stella on 11/10/05 21:36 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This is the best looking car I've seen in a while. If you're going for looks, get this car, if you're going speed, get the turbo. This car turns a lot of heads with its looks, and $2,000 dollar rims. When I bought mine it had a 3 stage pearl white paint that was in excellent condition, a huge rear spoiler that looks great, and leather interior. It's slow off the line, but that could be just do to the automatic transmition. It comes with an economy/power switch, that helps the performance a bit. Personally I prefer the looks over the performance. Overall in my opinion this is a great car and it was worth the $12,000 cash that I paid for it.

Dream Car!
By poboy69 on 05/03/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The VR-4 is by far the funnest car that I have ever driven, and I valet full time at the airport! I would not recomend it for daily driving as fuel economy isn't all that great and it dose not offer the best comfort. This is definitely a collector's car that I will keep forever.

Pretty Tight So Far
By DWS on 03/31/05 12:20 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I've only had my 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT for less than a week, but I am very pleased so far. It is Pearl Green and is in Mint condition with only 56,000 miles on it. It looks almost brand new inside and out. I know it's not the VR-4 or the SL, but hey, look at the bright side (with gas prices like they are, I can use 87 Octane, while those models require 91 Octane). It's still pretty quick off the line anyway. If I had the VR-4, I would probably lose my license due to speeding tickets.