1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

3000GT SL DOHC 5 Speed
By billman2

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Solid car just hit 100K miles and still no rattles or noises and runs and shifts as new. It has good power with the 5 spd...much better than our Stealth R/T auto. Handling is very nice and tight if you upgrade the rear swaybar to the bigger Addco bar and it stll rides smooth unlike most sporty cars we've had. 60K maint is important since it's a quadcam engine the belt won't last forever.

Favorite Features

I allways have people following off the quarter checking out the car and asking questions at the pumps.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller steering wheel.

Run Mustang Run
By ownleewon

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This is one of the best cars Mitsubishi has made. It is faster than the V6 and hangs with the V8 GT Mustang and it's only a 3.0 Liter V6 Engine. I love the way people turn to look at it.

Favorite Features

It's fast and furious.

Suggested Improvements

For a V6 it wastes a little too much gas.

98 5spd SL
By GreenGT09

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car without a doubt is my favorite car of all time. I have a 98 SL 5spd and the pickup and power is nice. Although it's not a car for roll races on the highway. Off the line though it can upset some pretty fast cars like mustang GT's. Overall it's a great car, pretty quick, and a major head turner. I'm currently selling mine to get a Vr4.

Favorite Features

Style, Design, etc., pickup/acceleration handling

Suggested Improvements

Engine is not very reliable. After having it for only six months, the lifters in my engine are ticking and it isn't a pleasant sound. Not to mention my car only has 76,000 miles on it and I don't drive it hard.

What kind of car is that?
By baschia

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Since this is a 10 year old car it still has the shape of a new sports car today. I have a budget and wanted a car with a reasonable price. The headlights look like a jag and the doors have indentations like a viper. Since I'm a girl it's aggravating not having man hands to check under the hood. I don't drive it everyday but when I do it is puts myself in total bliss. I have hip and back problems but it rides so comfortable. Sometimes people stop me to comment how beautiful it is because there aren't very many in this area.

Favorite Features

I love how it sits low and handles the road. The color: bright red is perfect for this style.

AMAZING
By sdfg

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Great car. I've had one for about two years now and I still love it as much as the first time I drove it off the lot. Its got about 90,000 miles on it and the only thing I've had to replace is the clutch but the previous and only owner was a woman. Go figure but it's a pretty amazing car.

Favorite Features

Exterior. It's so sleek everybody looks when i drive by

Suggested Improvements

Lose the backseat, if you can even call it a backseat.

3000GT SL
By Dave

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car has a timeless design. I haven't seen any new car that matches its lines, both inside and out. The interior is beautifully done and is very comfortable to drive around town and long distances. It has the appearance of a world class sports car and always catches eyes when its clean and shiny. It's a shame Mitsubishi stopped making them in '99!

Favorite Features

The interior design, specifically the center console area is very beautifully done.

Suggested Improvements

The head room is a bit lacking. Just a few more inches would be perfect!

1998 3000GT SL Black/Tan
By Brian J

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I've had this vehicle for over five years now. I bought it in late 99' and saved $12,000 from the original $36,500 retail price. It has just over 40,000 miles on it now. I have not yet had a single problem with this vehicle. I'm 6'2" / 190lbs. and I do fit in the car fine, but someone taller or over 250 pounds would likely not be comfortable. The back seat is pretty much useless unless you're driving around someone under the age of 8. The performance on the SL is decent overall. The handling is great, It's a little slow off of the line, but better than the average car out there. Stock it has 220 HP, but I recommend getting a filter intake performance kit to knock it up to 230-240HP for under $100. It looks great!!

Favorite Features

This car has nice performance / handling, average Interior (room), nice leather / console, and very few problems. It is an excellent looking car!

Suggested Improvements

They stopped making it in 1999 and it's a shame.

RED DEVIL
By red devil

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT and all I can say is that I'm in love. It drives very smoothly for a sports car and I like the way everyone looks at it as I drive down the street. This is not my first Mitsubshi, I also own an Eclipse that I drove the heck out of. I've been very pleased with my cars.

Favorite Features

The exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

I'm used to the automatic seatbelts in my Eclipse. I love it when the car puts your belt right on you. I keep forgetting to put them on in my 3000GT. Also, the backseat is pretty much useless small even for children.

Sluggish but Fun
By Stella

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This is the best looking car I've seen in a while. If you're going for looks, get this car, if you're going speed, get the turbo. This car turns a lot of heads with its looks, and $2,000 dollar rims. When I bought mine it had a 3 stage pearl white paint that was in excellent condition, a huge rear spoiler that looks great, and leather interior. It's slow off the line, but that could be just do to the automatic transmition. It comes with an economy/power switch, that helps the performance a bit. Personally I prefer the looks over the performance. Overall in my opinion this is a great car and it was worth the $12,000 cash that I paid for it.

Favorite Features

I love the styling of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Better performance and improved gas mileage.

Dream Car!
By poboy69

1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The VR-4 is by far the funnest car that I have ever driven, and I valet full time at the airport! I would not recomend it for daily driving as fuel economy isn't all that great and it dose not offer the best comfort. This is definitely a collector's car that I will keep forever.

Favorite Features

Power, AWD, look of car, one of a kind.

Suggested Improvements

A different roof line design (water accumulated on roof or from winshield leaks in BADLY when drivers side or passenger side window is cracked or open fully. Weight of the vehicle (Mitsu could of sacraficed some of the luxury to be in the 1 and 1/2 ton range, put this fatty on a diet!!!!)