1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

SL 2dr Hatchback (3.0L V6 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
My 3000GT Review
By Scott on 06/02/05 01:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

My car is fun to drive and I love all the reactions I get from it and how people come up to me and ask questions about it. But the only problem i have with it so far is some pulleys and transmisson, however, the person before me raced it so it was going out sooner or later. If you get the chance to either buy one or just to drive one I would go for the VR-4 which is twin turbo AWD. Sooner or later im going to get the twin turbo in my car.

Great car
By tom gilligan on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Bought a brand new 3000 GT in the year 1994, had only 56000 miles on it in the year 2001, was hit and totaled. Bought this 1997 from private party in 2002, only had 29000 miles on it. Great fun to drive, design never gets old.

lva3kgt
By LVA3KGT on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I've had my 97 SL for several years now. It had 30K miles when I bought it in late 2001. Today it has over 192,000 and still runs 15.0 @ 91MPH in the 1/4mile. Not great, but not bad for a car that gets 25.5 MPG and is a V6. As long as you do the scheduled service, it will last a long time.

97 3000GT SL - Excellent Car
By TonyB on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1997 3000GT SL brand new in August 1997 and have loved it ever since - currently have 91,000 miles on it. No major problems until 80,000 miles when the water pump went. Around 90,000 the antenna finally stopped going up/down. Other than those 2 small problems, the car has been a dream. Never had any major problems with it. Followed the owner's manual scheduled maintenance to the "T", and have never been disappointed.

3000 GT - Lemon
By Chaney on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car came with no warranty available I had it for less than 90 days when the water pump froze and the timing belt broke which caused major problem with the engine. Company would not stand behind the problem with car.

NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED
By NYBLUES on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I traded in my 3000GT Base for a 97 3000GT SL in December of 2000. This Vehicle performs. Smooth ride, Handles like a dream, every option you can think of is on this car and it was all standard from the manufacturer. Excellent sound system for when I'm cruising long distance. I have had my share of sports cars and they all had some kind of MAJOR problem come up. Not this 3000GT SL. I now have 49,000 mile on this black beauty and she still looks brand spanken new, inside and out.

3000 GT SL
By JBar27 on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car had always been one of my favorites since its introduction (even over the Dodge Stealth). I love to drive it and love being seen in it, let's face it, I need all the help I can get. The car I purchased has every option and performs very well for an FWD sports car. It's surprising how a few, relatively inexpensive, mods can take this car to well over 300 bhp.

3000GT is Great
By Louie on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased it used, in 2000 with 44K. Not a single problem as yet. However, I do perform routine maintenance as scheduled all the time. Cockpit is a bit cramped. Back seats are for kids. Drives like a dream. Fast, head turner, stylish inside & out. Feels solidly built. I own SL model with power sunroof + power everything else. Now has 53K and still great.