Used 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

My 3000GT Review
By Scott

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

My car is fun to drive and I love all the reactions I get from it and how people come up to me and ask questions about it. But the only problem i have with it so far is some pulleys and transmisson, however, the person before me raced it so it was going out sooner or later. If you get the chance to either buy one or just to drive one I would go for the VR-4 which is twin turbo AWD. Sooner or later im going to get the twin turbo in my car.

Favorite Features

Just how nice it looks and I love all the attention it gives me.

Suggested Improvements

If there's away I would either put more room in it or no back seats, either one however don't touch the body of the car.

Great car
By tom gilligan

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Bought a brand new 3000 GT in the year 1994, had only 56000 miles on it in the year 2001, was hit and totaled. Bought this 1997 from private party in 2002, only had 29000 miles on it. Great fun to drive, design never gets old.

lva3kgt
By LVA3KGT

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I've had my 97 SL for several years now. It had 30K miles when I bought it in late 2001. Today it has over 192,000 and still runs 15.0 @ 91MPH in the 1/4mile. Not great, but not bad for a car that gets 25.5 MPG and is a V6. As long as you do the scheduled service, it will last a long time.

97 3000GT SL - Excellent Car
By TonyB

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1997 3000GT SL brand new in August 1997 and have loved it ever since - currently have 91,000 miles on it. No major problems until 80,000 miles when the water pump went. Around 90,000 the antenna finally stopped going up/down. Other than those 2 small problems, the car has been a dream. Never had any major problems with it. Followed the owner's manual scheduled maintenance to the "T", and have never been disappointed.

3000 GT - Lemon
By Chaney

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

This car came with no warranty available I had it for less than 90 days when the water pump froze and the timing belt broke which caused major problem with the engine. Company would not stand behind the problem with car.

Favorite Features

The body style was great and the interior was comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The timing chain could have been explained to me on the maintenance. If they knew the the life of the chain they should have changed it out before I bought the car.