Used 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

Fun to Drive
By Alex

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Second Mitsubishi 3000 GT I've owned. The body is beautiful, slick and aerodynamic. The interior panel with amazing display. More fun to drive than my other 2 newer and more expensive vehicles.

Exterior aerodynamic style and road stability.

Back seat needs more room.

Great Vehicle
By JB

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I have been working with vehicles for a long time and I have found the 3000gt to be very fun with a very good body design. Also they are very fast when modified correctly.

Body design.

Ability to fit wider tires.

GT collector
By JayBird

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I collect 2nd gen 3000GTs and currently have 4. I've only owned this 97 GT for a few years and I am still impressed with it. It had 187,000 miles on it when I bought it and it now has 234,000 miles. The only problems so far were the rear brake calipers went out on it and the exhaust downpipe. But other than that it is a great car, quick and reliable. It is a big car, though, clearing in at 7ft wide and 14ft long. It sticks to the road. It is a shame that they could not produce them cheaper to keep them around but at least they outlived their twin, the Dodge Stealth, and the over priced Toyota Supra. The 97 GT is a great car if you can find one.

The best dash layout I have ever seen, great body curves, even the big famous 97 hoop wing is a great feature! The engine has a lot of snap even at factory tuned. I even approve of the ground clearance.. 10 1/2" . Just an overall great car.

I do not understand why they would ever put a single overhead cam in a 3000GT! What a waste!! The rear seats could have been set back some more for rider room. The skid plate under the front could have been 1 piece instead of 3. The rims could have looked a little better... but its great.

Beautiful car
By Doomsday

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This is my 2nd 3000gt base i have had. I love it!! However it feels like it holds back in performance. Don't get me wrong, it is fast enough for anyone, but i Love speed, so i crave for more torque and more hp. is a little noisy in the interior and the seats in fabric is not too classy, but overall the car is a dream machine.

Exterior, Back Spoiler, Love the rims, and overall performance

More power! it craves for more speed, and is too heavy also

Constant Craving - In a BAD WAY
By DrummerBoy

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This car catches everyone's eye all the time. HOWEVER, it has been a constant problem. I have gone through 3 thermostats which caused the car to shift irregularly and harshly. The timing belt change at around 80k miles is $$$$$. Parts are $$$$. Keep in mind, I have the base model. I think they really left out a lot of quality on the engine as a result.

Styling, Upgraded stereo