Used 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

Fun to Drive
By Alex

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Second Mitsubishi 3000 GT I've owned. The body is beautiful, slick and aerodynamic. The interior panel with amazing display. More fun to drive than my other 2 newer and more expensive vehicles.

Exterior aerodynamic style and road stability.

Back seat needs more room.

Great Machine
By Knightstar

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Mits came up with a solid winner with this car. Even though it is a little heavy with AWD and all wheel steering, acceleration is fierce at 5.3 sec/>60 mph. The VR-4 is well built and very dependable. I bought mine new and has 71,000 miles now. Although the car is expensive, you get more than you paid for. Even in wet weather, the car never fish tails or slips its tracking around corners, thanks to AW steering. Yes, the rear wheels turn up to 15 degrees in proportion to the front wheels steering. The 320 HP rating can be increased relatively cheaply w/intake and exhaust mods to 400 HP!

The VR-4 comes with all the performance you would need for everyday driving and safety. Excellent craftsmanship and materials.

Performance can be greatly improved with low restriction intake and exhaust plumbing/performance mufflers

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By starquest

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've had this car for about 8 years and counting. Starting with the bad experience, I had to replace my tranny twice. Other than that, the car is great. I raced against a 2000 viper and won among other races. With the radio controls on my steering wheel, I never take my eyes off the road. It feels comfortable on the road. It pulls real hard on the take off when the pedal is to the metal. The interior is nice. I've recently upgraded the turbo, carbon fiber hood and light weight fly wheel. This car is a monster.

AWD, the rear spoiler and the big front brake calipers.

Tranny.

Great Vehicle
By JB

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I have been working with vehicles for a long time and I have found the 3000gt to be very fun with a very good body design. Also they are very fast when modified correctly.

Body design.

Ability to fit wider tires.

GT collector
By JayBird

1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I collect 2nd gen 3000GTs and currently have 4. I've only owned this 97 GT for a few years and I am still impressed with it. It had 187,000 miles on it when I bought it and it now has 234,000 miles. The only problems so far were the rear brake calipers went out on it and the exhaust downpipe. But other than that it is a great car, quick and reliable. It is a big car, though, clearing in at 7ft wide and 14ft long. It sticks to the road. It is a shame that they could not produce them cheaper to keep them around but at least they outlived their twin, the Dodge Stealth, and the over priced Toyota Supra. The 97 GT is a great car if you can find one.

The best dash layout I have ever seen, great body curves, even the big famous 97 hoop wing is a great feature! The engine has a lot of snap even at factory tuned. I even approve of the ground clearance.. 10 1/2" . Just an overall great car.

I do not understand why they would ever put a single overhead cam in a 3000GT! What a waste!! The rear seats could have been set back some more for rider room. The skid plate under the front could have been 1 piece instead of 3. The rims could have looked a little better... but its great.