Used 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

1996 the best year
By mezz1962

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I drove Fiero's for year and while that was a fun car to drive this car is it's big nasty brother.

When I first got it 2 years ago it took me a few days to get use to the incredible power that this car has.

My car has over 250,000 miles on it and on my drive from SC to NY I hit a stretch of road that was basically 50 miles of open road with little to no traffic. I looked down and did not realize I was traveling over 100mph because the car was so smooth...Even with over 200,000 miles on it and doing 110mph the car wanted to just go faster....and I did LOL

The ride of the car while an little tough at slower speeds when you let this baby open up the car keeps getting smoother

never open the windows in the rain...the slant of the windows makes it seem like you have an open sunroof

3000GT VR4
By 3000GT/VR4

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I really enjoy this car. I had a 3000GT in college, gave it to my brother and now 5 years later I purchased another. I really enjoy just about everything about the car. If able ensure you have records of all the maintenance done to the vehicle. It seems as if you can't fix anything on this vehicle for less than $1,000 unless you can do it yourself (engine has to be pulled to do almost anything). That said, if you can find a good one with paperwork showing the 60K and 120K (if required) go for it! Something to look out for is for 2nd gear synchro's tend to wear out. Fixable, but again about $1,200. Who ever said that they can fix one for under that did it themselves or never owned one.

I would put its style up with any vehicle today and thats 10+ years later! I like the interior and find the car to be reliable, especially if the previous owner took care of it and changed the fluids regularly (car ownership 101). I am 6'2" and have no problems getting in or out. 320 hp w/ AWD!

Again, this car is not cheap to fix. The parts are reliable but most cars out there are 10+ years old and something is going to break. Get it fixed with new parts and you can go 200K+ miles before you need a rebuild. I am on 150K getting a new head-gasket and car will be good as new.

3000gt
By Daphne

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

My baby (3000gt) is also Amethyst Pearl and I love it. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it. I live in NH, before the bad weather comes in November I store it away until April.

everything

Cup holders

Best Car Mitsubishi Built
By Chester

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1996 have put more than 352,000 miles on it still get 25 to 30 MPG no oil leaks or burning.Had no major problems just normal wear and tear. Best car ever built Mitsubishi need to bring it back.

Power handling and the way it looks like it moving even if standing still.

None can't improve on perfection.

My first sports car
By Matt

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 7 years and put it through 80,000 miles. My 3000gt has been mechanically reliable. There aren't many cars on the road that look as good the '94-'96 3000GTs. I love my car.

Reliability, style, and comfort.

Although this car delivers healthy performance for a car of its era, (218 HP) I would recommend looking for the VR4 model. The VR4 adds twin turbochargers on the V6 DOHC engine, to deliver 320 hp.