1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
1996 the best year
By mezz1962 on 01/07/12 06:18 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I drove Fiero's for year and while that was a fun car to drive this car is it's big nasty brother. When I first got it 2 years ago it took me a few days to get use to the incredible power that this car has. My car has over 250,000 miles on it and on my drive from SC to NY I hit a stretch of road that was basically 50 miles of open road with little to no traffic. I looked down and did not realize I was traveling over 100mph because the car was so smooth...Even with over 200,000 miles on it and doing 110mph the car wanted to just go faster....and I did LOL

3000GT VR4
By 3000GT/VR4 on 08/15/10 17:18 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I really enjoy this car. I had a 3000GT in college, gave it to my brother and now 5 years later I purchased another. I really enjoy just about everything about the car. If able ensure you have records of all the maintenance done to the vehicle. It seems as if you can't fix anything on this vehicle for less than $1,000 unless you can do it yourself (engine has to be pulled to do almost anything). That said, if you can find a good one with paperwork showing the 60K and 120K (if required) go for it! Something to look out for is for 2nd gear synchro's tend to wear out. Fixable, but again about $1,200. Who ever said that they can fix one for under that did it themselves or never owned one.

3000gt
By Daphne on 06/06/08 18:49 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

My baby (3000gt) is also Amethyst Pearl and I love it. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it. I live in NH, before the bad weather comes in November I store it away until April.

Best Car Mitsubishi Built
By Chester on 04/13/08 05:43 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1996 have put more than 352,000 miles on it still get 25 to 30 MPG no oil leaks or burning.Had no major problems just normal wear and tear. Best car ever built Mitsubishi need to bring it back.

My first sports car
By Matt on 04/07/08 21:05 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for 7 years and put it through 80,000 miles. My 3000gt has been mechanically reliable. There aren't many cars on the road that look as good the '94-'96 3000GTs. I love my car.

220,000 Miles and Counting!
By W. A. DUFF on 02/12/08 04:36 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I use the car for commuting. Its 5M transmission and 222HP engine provide good performance. It definitely is not a dragster, but it is fast and sure-footed. It handles well under all weather conditions, including snow. I recently replaced the cloth seats with leather, the factory wheels with sport wheels, and the transmission. It has required some expense to keep it running and looking well, but it seems to have been worthwhile. People admire it everywhere I go, and I enjoy driving it. After all the miles, it still has no rattles--NONE.

One awesome car!
By Dave McD. on 11/08/05 10:23 AM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

My 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT is my second car on this platform. First was a 1992 Dodge Stealth base model. It was the handling characteristics that sold me on these machines. The second, my current car, is the VR4. If anyone doubts how well these cars handle and perform, drive the "Tail of the Dragon" (US Route 129), between Maryville, TN and Robbinsville, NC. Just one time, and you will be hooked!

They don't make cars like this anymore!
By zman on 07/31/05 17:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

As the title says, you just can't buy a new car today with the level of comfort, luxury, performance, and style as the 3000GT. This is my fourth 3S platform car (3 Stealths, now a 3000GT). The first was a non-turbo 1991 SOHC model followed by three Twin-Turbo versions (1992,1991,1996). I sold my last one to buy a Porsche 911, but I just couldn't stay away from these great Mitsus! My only complaint is that the headroom is a little low with the power sunroof option. My previous Stealths were all hardtop or glass roof and had more room for my 6'2" self. Just gotta slouch a little now and keep my hair trimmed short ;)

My Amethyst Baby
By melaniemay on 11/23/04 12:23 PM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

We have owned three 3000gt's so far. My husband has a gorgeous low mileage '93 vr4, we recently sold a '93 red sl and we found my '96 in Houston two years ago. I LOVE MY CAR !!! I drive 50 miles highway to and from work 4 days a week. This car handles wonderfully in bad weather. We've had very few problems with her even though she has high miles.

Great Fast Car
By Gonzo3000GT on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1996 black 3000GT base model with 5spd and tan leather in 2004 with 62,500 miles on it for $7500 great deal and in excllent shape!! Its fast and reliable never had a problem..when my car was bone stock except for a test pipe, I ve raced and beat my friends 1995 eclips GS-T 5 spd frontWD wtih full exhuast and intake in 1/4 and top speed!! Also raced my friends 1995 Mustang GT 5spd with exhaust and K&N filter in 1/4 and Won, and in top speed also!! So dont belive the editors review in 0-60 times this car gets to 0-60 in the 6 second area!!I killed both cars of the line. Car handles great with 97 3000GT SL 17inch rims wrapped with Toyo Proxy 4