Used 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mitsubishi 3000gt - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4

Spyder VR-4 3.0L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (4 reviews )

Like no other car in the world!
By shaftnmn

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Spyder VR-4 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD

I own a 97 Mitsu VR-4 so I'm familiar with the platform but when I bought a 95 Spyder a year ago, all I can say is wow! I've seen guys who drive Porsche, Ferarri, & BMW turn their heads to take a look at this thing. The retractable top is memorizing and the styling is over the top. People still ask if this is a new car. Although the retail value of these cars have declined over the years, I believe that they will eventually rise in value since there are so few vehicles out there.

Favorite Features

Retractable top, all wheel drive, all wheel steering, & electronic control suspension. It's the total package. You can drive this car anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Like many VR-4s and Stealth twin turbos, the tranmission is the weak link. No too sure if that's attributed to the design or driver since I haven't had any problems with my 97. The driver can feel the weight of this vehicle in turns but it still sticks like glue to the road.

SO HOT!
By smilemarlo

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Spyder VR-4 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD

This beauty gets attention wherever she goes. This car is so fast and so fun, wow. It's too bad more people won't have an opportunity to drive one. (Mitsubishi made so few.) But now, it's rare and should hold (or increase in) its value. Anybody know what this car is really worth? Collectors should be clammoring for one before they're IMPOSSIBLE to find!

Favorite Features

Power, Speed, Beauty, Rareness

Suggested Improvements

Nope, none

Best car I have ever owned
By IZ

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Spyder VR-4 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD

After owning a 1996 VR4 coupe for almost 3 years I decided it was time to upgrade to the Spyder. This is by far the best car I have ever had the pleasure of driving. Everywhere you go, heads turn, people dont know what your driving, especially once they see the top in action. It is VERY rare to see one of these cars on the road. Unfortunately I had to sell my Spyder a few months ago, I plan on getting another one once finances allow me the freedom. Buy one, you will not regret it

Favorite Features

Retractable hardtop, All Wheel Drive, Twin Turbo V6, rarity

Suggested Improvements

would be nice if car was lighter, but this car was built for cruising :) I still managed to run a 13.1 in the quarter with my modified Spyder, not bad for a 4200 pound car

In a class of it's own
By FunkeyCold

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Spyder VR-4 Turbo 2dr Convertible AWD

877 of these cars were produced. The automatic hardtop was not available since the 1960s' Ford Skyliner. 17-inch tall, 8.5-inch wide chrome wheels and high performance tires are mated with an automatic/adjustable electronically controlled supension(ECS). All wheel drive(AWD) and all wheel steering(AWS) only add to the already impressive handling, despite the less-stiff structural design of a convertible. Computerized climate control completes the cockpit. The driving feel is great, but you can definately *feel* the road. Imperfections in the road sometimes causes the car to pull slightly.

Favorite Features

Sports Car through and through AWD AWS ECS Hardtop Convertible Twin Turbo = Head Rush Turns heads like a Ferrari 23 MPG+ Low 5 sec. 0-60 ~14 sec. quarter mile Take that Mr. Man!!

Suggested Improvements

Convertible = 30 sec to open Clutch may be too stiff for some. 1 inch headroom. I am 6 feet tall. Coupe has even less. Backseat for little kids only, if that. Trunk holds maybe 2 briefcases, very shallow. Interior Noise = Loud at higher speeds due to being a convertible.