Used 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

3000gt
By jaderider

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Recently purchased my GT from a second owner changed the timing belt, battery, water pump, alternator, new tires, all fluids changed, tune-up, cleaned and polished inside and out. After all that took "Jade" for a slow spin down by the beach I believe the car received as many looks as some of the other beauties. The Mitsu performance is definitely worth mentioning as well, road hugging, tight steering and ample gas peddle for increased speed above 120 mph. One time good deal but quite refreshing. Excellent driving experience from a truly great automobile. Get one you will love it too.

General Review 1995 3000GT 3.0 V6 MT Base
By justreviewer

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

It's fun to drive, lots of power, good handling , and everything i've expected from a good sports car. As well as minimal comfort and spacing. And no cup holders! I guess i shouldn't be drinking anything in this car and expect not to spill. This monster can zoomm. It takes me to places everyday since the day i bought it 11 years ago. Transmission was rebuilt about 5 yrs ago.

Handling; yes i'm talking about those road corners, curves, zig-zag roads, and rainy days. If you have an aggressive driving style, you will love this car. Perform really in higher speed driving.

Cup holder; i have this problem more often than you think. Especially it is MT.

Purchased new 14 years ago
By Belinda Cole

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I remember driving her off the lot 14 years ago and feeling like a million bucks. I still get that feeling today as this car is ageless. The body style is still far ahead of its time. She runs as well today and looks beautiful!. Have had regular maintenance, put on Faulken tires and she purrs. Great gas mileage too. About 29 on the highway. Edmunds has truly misjudged this car. It will be a "collectors car" as there are very few of them around. Still get heads turning and people stopping to look at her. Fabulous acceleration with the "power" button. Beautiful car that still seats 4 people.

Body style, acceleration, comfortable seats

Absolutely nothing!

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By JAsonZerbel

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

My 3000 has been the car of my dreams with one exception, it's a bit pricey to fix and find parts now. I've driven my 3000 to long beach and back from sacramento and loved the smooth handling and comfortable interior every mile. It can even withstand a 90-100 mph long distance drive like that, no problem. This car has had no problems as long as you can afford to keep it regularly maintained, and it is sensitive to the deadlines of the services so plan ahead. I'm over six feet tall and it is my daily commuter and I can get into my 3000gt with ease and grace.

Quick response off the line for 220 hp pulling 3750 pounds. Gorgeous body lines and stunning interior. I've hauled paintings 3'x4' in the back and lumber 6' long. If you get a white one do the right thing this year and have fun dressing it and yourself up to look like speed racer. I did! Have fun!

It's a base model car so if you need improvements, buy the VR4 or SL. I'd suggest lightening the body panels, buy a fiberglass ram air hood that goes straight to the airbox, carbon fiber/polyurethane fenders F&R. Upsize the rims+2 and never ever lower the car, it's low enough. Get an alarm!!

Great Car
By Patrick McKay

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This car treats me very well. There were no major mechanical problems and it never broke down. I had to replace the water pump and timing belts recently but that was the extent of mechanical maintenance necessary.

My favorite feature is by far the engine. The 220hp V6 will get you where you need to be in plenty of time.

I only wish that I had purchased the six-disc CD changer that is pre-wired to the stereo from the manufacturer, because I do not have a CD player in the car.