1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
3000gt
By jaderider on 03/24/14 08:33 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Recently purchased my GT from a second owner changed the timing belt, battery, water pump, alternator, new tires, all fluids changed, tune-up, cleaned and polished inside and out. After all that took "Jade" for a slow spin down by the beach I believe the car received as many looks as some of the other beauties. The Mitsu performance is definitely worth mentioning as well, road hugging, tight steering and ample gas peddle for increased speed above 120 mph. One time good deal but quite refreshing. Excellent driving experience from a truly great automobile. Get one you will love it too.

General Review 1995 3000GT 3.0 V6 MT Base
By justreviewer on 10/29/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

It's fun to drive, lots of power, good handling , and everything i've expected from a good sports car. As well as minimal comfort and spacing. And no cup holders! I guess i shouldn't be drinking anything in this car and expect not to spill. This monster can zoomm. It takes me to places everyday since the day i bought it 11 years ago. Transmission was rebuilt about 5 yrs ago.

Purchased new 14 years ago
By Belinda Cole on 06/07/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I remember driving her off the lot 14 years ago and feeling like a million bucks. I still get that feeling today as this car is ageless. The body style is still far ahead of its time. She runs as well today and looks beautiful!. Have had regular maintenance, put on Faulken tires and she purrs. Great gas mileage too. About 29 on the highway. Edmunds has truly misjudged this car. It will be a "collectors car" as there are very few of them around. Still get heads turning and people stopping to look at her. Fabulous acceleration with the "power" button. Beautiful car that still seats 4 people.

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By JAsonZerbel on 04/04/07 18:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

My 3000 has been the car of my dreams with one exception, it's a bit pricey to fix and find parts now. I've driven my 3000 to long beach and back from sacramento and loved the smooth handling and comfortable interior every mile. It can even withstand a 90-100 mph long distance drive like that, no problem. This car has had no problems as long as you can afford to keep it regularly maintained, and it is sensitive to the deadlines of the services so plan ahead. I'm over six feet tall and it is my daily commuter and I can get into my 3000gt with ease and grace.

Great Car
By Patrick McKay on 01/21/05 12:07 PM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This car treats me very well. There were no major mechanical problems and it never broke down. I had to replace the water pump and timing belts recently but that was the extent of mechanical maintenance necessary.

Speed Demon!!!!!!!
By Stroke21 on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

This vehicle was fun from day 1. I get lot's of looks and I can drive fast.Before you buy this car you need to check these 2 things! 1) Headlight Assemblies.(They are expensive so you need to check and make sure there is no moisture, cracks, and the paint is good finding a black headlight is a miracle) 2) Timing Belt.If the timing belt has not been changed, you should change it ASAP.Supposed to be changed every 60,000 miles.(If it breaks you are out an engine.Cost with parts and Labor around $600.00 at a non-dealer shop) Other than those two important things this Car is a dream!

3000 GT-solid performer
By wallyking on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Great car. Fast. Fun. I use M&S high performance tires but still can easily spin the tires in the winter months. I replaced the clutch (worn mostly from previous owner) and water pump/timing belt (please change both when doing this--cost of timing belt $700, and water pump $800 seperately, together only $900--get the picture. I love the car. A bit heavy when driven slow and very nimble when pushed. Nice ride. Independent suspension is very nice compared to the harsh ride of a Camaro (yes, I owned one). Corners great and looks good standing still. Taller folks would probaby rub their heads on the ceiling. It even passes the golf club bag test!

My First Import
By VegasDave on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1995 3000GT in 1999 with 20,000 miles on it. My current miles are 128,000.It handles very well at all speeds, but the small 3.0 six cylinder needs a little more torque for stoplight to stoplight performance. This car shows its stuff at higher speeds up to about 140. It is my first import and built impressively well. I wish I would have popped for the VR4. It would have solved the low speed torque issue.

Great car, fun, reliable
By sgav on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

The first thing i have to say is to the people that dont like the car, brakes are wearable,try not going 90 and trying to beak in 20ft. automatic transmissions go on any car if you beat on them. it is a great car and many people that put it down do not own one. As for gas milage my last tank of gas i got 450 miles out of it in the city. The vr4 has plenty of hp when it was only beat out by 2 cars on edmunds if you do some research in the 0-60 (5.4 seconds not to shabby), and it beat the corvette and porche 911 and the acura NSX. Great car great performance great gas milage and very reliable if you treat it good.

3000GT
By Banzai on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Bought it used, made some minor repairs. It is an awesome car to drive. Would not get rid of it for a long time to come.