1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - Consumer Reviews

VR-4 3.0L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (8 reviews )
LOVE IT!
By Brian on 12/23/07 03:29 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

We love this car so much that we can't find a new replacement. We have not had many repair bills. It's at 225,000 miles and we've decided to rebuild that thing and keep it going for years to come. It still turns plenty of heads (even teenagers... goodness). It's just a great ride with a ton of power plus we can carry bunches of stuff.

VR4's Rule
By Red Dragon on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I saw this car and I had to have it. It as been my 'baby' ever since. Comfortable, sporty, fast, and handles awsome. Fuel can be a problem, but only if your drive like a madman ;)

matts car
By matt mobley on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a good car

Performer, Scaleable, Expensive
By Machina on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The '94 3000gt VR4 is definitely a fun car to drive with a host of aftermarket parts, scaleable to over 800 horsepower with the right tuning with nearly timeless lines and enough modern features to keep it from being completely archaic. With small investments this car can easily see large horsepower gains, definitely fun to drive, head turner, 4 seats so that you can haul at least a few people, however it's very expensive to maintain, and the complexity of the engine makes it so that only adept mechanics can work on it without much risk. However if you're willing to invest the Coinage or the time, the payoff is worth it

Go to 3Si.org for real reviews not here.
By Bret Brinkmann on 11/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

If you really want to know any thing about this car or any other car you will go to an enthusist web site and learn everything you can about it. For the 3000 GT and Dodge Stealth (same cars mechanically just different body panels) check out www.3Si.org. My handle there is Bret Brinkmann. They are just like any other car. If you mis treat them they will have problems. But treat them well and you will be more than pleased this car. And they are so easy to make a lot faster with out sacrificing any duribility. You just have to know what you are doing.

Man I love my car...
By David Lex on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I believe that any sports car that is driven as such (read HARD) then you'll have your share of problems. Overall, with proper maintanence, this is a pretty reliable car for being such a performer. Same with gas mileage. For 320 HP stock, the mileage is outstanding. Even after many upgrades, I still maintain a very good mileage. Mitsubishi designed a car with timeless beauty in my opinion. I have upgraded many things in my car, and the performance is unmatched by anything in it's price class.

VR4
By siva on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Mine's all stock except aftermarket air intake and blow-off valve , also an aftermarket straight pipe . It runs 13 sec at 1/4 mile .....not bad for the factory car.

The best purchase I made
By St3v3 on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is fast going and stopping, the interior is like driving while in a lazy boy that holds you in. The amenities are plush. I love this car. My favorite thing, is that the all wheel drive is so capable that it's nearly impossible to lose traction even when flooring it (unless you have crappy tires I suppose).