1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
I FINALY Got the BIG Sports Car I've Wanted For Years!
By jim_43_petty on 09/20/12 14:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Bought my '94 Mitsubishi 3000 GT 3 wks ago. Have a HUGE passion for this car. It's looks & body design are VERY different then anything on the road. I mean that in the best way possible. It's a slighter heavier car, but that's a good thing..built strong. Fastest & Best Handling car I've EVER drove. It has a slight under steer "push" at very high speeds when taking corners "high wide and handsome" - NASCAR Legend Darrel Waltrip quote. An after-market front anti-sway-bar should minimize that. It's just an awesome car to drive. Added; Cold Air Intake, RS Catback Exhaust, Motegi 16" Rims, 4 HiFonics Zeus Speakers, 12" HiFonics Zeus 1000w Amp Subs, Kenwood CD/MPG/USB Player & 2 Tweeker Speakers

I love this car
By krayziereysta on 07/29/12 00:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Sadly i own an auto base, but i truely love this car. i mean what car could you get for 3 grand and have 222 HP. It turns and handles wonderfully and has plenty of juice to handle traffic. I have had trouble with the infamous bad trannys these cars have but other than that and doing a 60k, its been incredibly realiable and gets 22mpg which im totally okay with. I enjoy seeing people in expensive ass cars just look back in stare. My dream now is to own a VR4 and see how mind blowing people say it is

Do not buy!
By synthman on 12/08/11 20:04 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Problems since day one. Was bought for school and work. Thanks to this car I've lost a year and going of my life. Drove it home, and maybe 2 times before it died. Thanks a lot Mitsubishi. "More reliable alternative to Camaro, Mustang...." my foot. Only reason went with this car was Edmund's saying it was reliable, ha. Don't forget the abysmal gas mileage. 16/22 for a V6... Had known that wouldn't have bought to begin with...

Excellent sports coupe
By ffknight on 08/25/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have now owned this car for 7 years, it was my first. It can still turn heads, and plenty of people ask me questions about it. I have almost 120,000 miles (purchased with 95,000). Still on the original transmission (manual) and engine, without a rebuild. Its performance for a 14 year old car with a v6 its amazing, and I get 27 mpg on the highway. Outside of the engine and tranny itself there are some reliability issues, but that is expected with any sports car. I can't understand others who have reliability issues with the engine and transmission. They must really be abusing them.

Stay Away
By Cody Mulcahy on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I obtained the car with 66k miles and now have 100k. I have emptied my bank into this car...mostly due to transmission problems. Problems include...constant alignment, rebuilt engine ($3100), new transmission ($2800), radiator, continuous electrical problems with installed alarm and cd player. The major problems I have had are with my auto transmission. I had the transmission fixed, then sent in 3 days later to be fixed again. My warranty eventually ran out and it needed to be fixed again ($800) only to last for 4 or 5 days, and now it needs another new transmission. Don't buy this car.

Don't buy this car!!!
By TVN on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

My 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT has given me all kinds of problems. I have changed the starter, alternator, water pump, PCV valve, ignition switch, transmission and it still has problems so my advice is not to buy this car.

Always wanted this car
By rhonda in cleveland on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Lots of car for the price. Be very careful who you choose to work on the engine (ie.timing belt replacement). Having replaced 2 engines, learned more about the underside of the hood than would have liked, can say that not many mechanics know how to work on them -- this is not the problem of the car, which is mechanically sound. Would buy the VR4 model. I love this car!

3kgt
By c0nfused on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

quickest v6 out there. I've beat out mustang gt's with my base model. A lot of dun to drive. With new tires corners like it's on rails. Wanna take that sharp corner at 45 mph? how bout in the rain?! go for it. Sad to say mines automatic, but i still enjoy it this much!

Pretty great little sports car!
By Shannonita on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Mechanically sound car that is a blast to drive! Have had mine 3 years. After only buying Toyotas, I was lured by the beautiful body styling of this car and decided it was worth the gamble. Good outweighs any bad. I would buy this car again. I now need something with a bigger back seat, but will get an additional car, cuz I'm not giving this one up for nothin! :) Small complaints: antenna motor, power window motor, and 6-CD changer all died; shift boot was peeling, and one panel light on heater dial went out.

Why oh Why did i go with Mitsubushi?!
By Bruno02 on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I bought my 3000gt with 44,000 miles and id did nothing but cause me trouble at about 46,000 miles i started having transmission trouble which cost about $ 1,500 to fix so i went with manual. My alternator also went that was about anothe $300 and a week in the shop. They say the car with that kind of milage should not cause those kinds of trouble but if you buy a Mitsubishi every little part is made in Japan. I am very disapointed and wish that i would have never purshased it! I would advise no one to buy any Mitsuubishi doesnt matter of what kind it is, From Motero to Mirage.