1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
1994 3000GT / Perfect Style
By hornet777 on 09/23/12 12:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Danube Blue 3000GT about six months ago from the original owner. It is the automatic SL model. I would like to have a VR4, however, this car has only 49k miles and it is mint. I couldn't pass it up. I went ahead and did the 60k service and added 18" rims and Yokohama tires. This car gets more looks than anything I've ever driven. Not a day goes by without a complimement. Yes, the SL version could use more HP but, I'm 60 years old, so I don't have the need for speed that I once had. I absolutely love this car and if you can find an unmolested one, I highly recommend it.

I FINALY Got the BIG Sports Car I've Wanted For Years!
By jim_43_petty on 09/20/12 14:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Bought my '94 Mitsubishi 3000 GT 3 wks ago. Have a HUGE passion for this car. It's looks & body design are VERY different then anything on the road. I mean that in the best way possible. It's a slighter heavier car, but that's a good thing..built strong. Fastest & Best Handling car I've EVER drove. It has a slight under steer "push" at very high speeds when taking corners "high wide and handsome" - NASCAR Legend Darrel Waltrip quote. An after-market front anti-sway-bar should minimize that. It's just an awesome car to drive. Added; Cold Air Intake, RS Catback Exhaust, Motegi 16" Rims, 4 HiFonics Zeus Speakers, 12" HiFonics Zeus 1000w Amp Subs, Kenwood CD/MPG/USB Player & 2 Tweeker Speakers

I love this car
By krayziereysta on 07/29/12 00:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Sadly i own an auto base, but i truely love this car. i mean what car could you get for 3 grand and have 222 HP. It turns and handles wonderfully and has plenty of juice to handle traffic. I have had trouble with the infamous bad trannys these cars have but other than that and doing a 60k, its been incredibly realiable and gets 22mpg which im totally okay with. I enjoy seeing people in expensive ass cars just look back in stare. My dream now is to own a VR4 and see how mind blowing people say it is

Do not buy!
By synthman on 12/08/11 20:04 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

Problems since day one. Was bought for school and work. Thanks to this car I've lost a year and going of my life. Drove it home, and maybe 2 times before it died. Thanks a lot Mitsubishi. "More reliable alternative to Camaro, Mustang...." my foot. Only reason went with this car was Edmund's saying it was reliable, ha. Don't forget the abysmal gas mileage. 16/22 for a V6... Had known that wouldn't have bought to begin with...

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By Allen on 11/09/08 20:39 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 3000GT 8 years ago and I still feel she is beautiful and very reliable car that I purchased a long time ago, I even can say this car is better looking than many newer cars in the street today.

Excellent sports coupe
By ffknight on 08/25/08 18:55 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback 2dr Coupe

I have now owned this car for 7 years, it was my first. It can still turn heads, and plenty of people ask me questions about it. I have almost 120,000 miles (purchased with 95,000). Still on the original transmission (manual) and engine, without a rebuild. Its performance for a 14 year old car with a v6 its amazing, and I get 27 mpg on the highway. Outside of the engine and tranny itself there are some reliability issues, but that is expected with any sports car. I can't understand others who have reliability issues with the engine and transmission. They must really be abusing them.

1994 3000GT SL
By SuzukiDude on 07/13/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car from my Mom in around December of 2002. The car was well taken care of and 90% of mileage was on the highway. The car had 140,000 miles and the repairs to that date were as follows: the timing chain at 60,000 &130,000 miles; the clutch (pressure plate, throw out bearing) at 100,000 miles for $600; the alternator - replaced by myself at 115,000 miles (the parts cost $280 including core exchange); and a few lightbulbs etc. Before this I owned a '97 Mustang GT. This car is so much more refined. The suspension is solid. Although this car is heavy it is hard to tell other than the ride quality and stability at any speed. It is very rewarding to drive quickly but not pushed all the time. Also, it is very good in the snow!

A real head turner
By 3KGT on 03/27/06 23:04 PM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

My car is going to hit 150,000 miles at the end of this month. Appart from the normal stuff, brake, clutch and some minor switches the major things were the A/C and alternator had to be replaced. I drove over 30,000 miles and never broke down with this car, thus it is fairly reliable. I love how this car looks and am a little mad when I read Edmunds.com's review and how it was complaining about the design. I constatly get compliments from people on how nice the car looks! To me the 3000GT has a timeless design (which does hold for the Dodge Stealth). This car is a lot of fun to drive, it handles very nicely in turns and in highway traffic. The red line starts at 7,000 rpm, which is not bad for a V6 built in '94!

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT - The 5 F's
By l8dyg0diva on 01/06/06 00:08 AM (PST)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT new and it has been a love affair from day one. The 5 F's? It's fast, fun, fuel efficient, has front wheel drive and a five speed transmission. It just doesn'get any better than this. With 230,000 miles, I have replaced the clutch once and put three sets of tires on it, changed the oil every 3,000 miles, and the timing belt every 60,000 miles. The only thing that annoys me is the transient valve taps. I had the lifters replaced at 120,000 miles and it didn't make a difference, so its something I live with. It comes and goes. I like not having a back seat large enough to seat adults besause I don't have to chauffer anyone else around. This is my baby and she still gets close to 28 mpg on the highway. I love it!

3000GT's are great
By Bob Dole on 05/18/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

The 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT is the best. It is one of the fastest cars stock that you can buy, especially for the price.