Used 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

I FINALY Got the BIG Sports Car I've Wanted For Years!
By jim_43_petty

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my '94 Mitsubishi 3000 GT 3 wks ago. Have a HUGE passion for this car. It's looks & body design are VERY different then anything on the road. I mean that in the best way possible. It's a slighter heavier car, but that's a good thing..built strong. Fastest & Best Handling car I've EVER drove. It has a slight under steer "push" at very high speeds when taking corners "high wide and handsome" - NASCAR Legend Darrel Waltrip quote. An after-market front anti-sway-bar should minimize that. It's just an awesome car to drive. Added; Cold Air Intake, RS Catback Exhaust, Motegi 16" Rims, 4 HiFonics Zeus Speakers, 12" HiFonics Zeus 1000w Amp Subs, Kenwood CD/MPG/USB Player & 2 Tweeker Speakers

Favorite Features

Performance, Handling, Affordability, Smooth Shifting, Ride Comfort, Body Design/Looks, Curb Appeal, ECI 24 Valve 3.0 Liter High Output 6 Cylinder Engine, 16" Rims, Front Ground Spoiler Effects and Rear Wing.

Suggested Improvements

1) Timing Chain - Currently must change every 60K miles. 2) Front Anti-Sway Bar to help the slight under steer "push".

I love this car
By krayziereysta

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Sadly i own an auto base, but i truely love this car. i mean what car could you get for 3 grand and have 222 HP. It turns and handles wonderfully and has plenty of juice to handle traffic. I have had trouble with the infamous bad trannys these cars have but other than that and doing a 60k, its been incredibly realiable and gets 22mpg which im totally okay with. I enjoy seeing people in expensive ass cars just look back in stare. My dream now is to own a VR4 and see how mind blowing people say it is

Favorite Features

strong, reliable with maintenance, timeless style body (and mines pearl yellow ha), makes people with $60,000+ vehicles turn and stare

Suggested Improvements

check out the transmission, wish spark plugs were easier to get to

Do not buy!
By synthman

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Problems since day one. Was bought for school and work. Thanks to this car I've lost a year and going of my life. Drove it home, and maybe 2 times before it died. Thanks a lot Mitsubishi. "More reliable alternative to Camaro, Mustang...." my foot. Only reason went with this car was Edmund's saying it was reliable, ha. Don't forget the abysmal gas mileage. 16/22 for a V6... Had known that wouldn't have bought to begin with...

Favorite Features

The looks, about the only thing right with it.

Suggested Improvements

Make it to where it's not a giant useless heap of garbage.

Excellent sports coupe
By ffknight

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I have now owned this car for 7 years, it was my first. It can still turn heads, and plenty of people ask me questions about it. I have almost 120,000 miles (purchased with 95,000). Still on the original transmission (manual) and engine, without a rebuild. Its performance for a 14 year old car with a v6 its amazing, and I get 27 mpg on the highway. Outside of the engine and tranny itself there are some reliability issues, but that is expected with any sports car. I can't understand others who have reliability issues with the engine and transmission. They must really be abusing them.

Favorite Features

Seats are perfect for long cruises and the cabin itself is well designed with the gauges you need. Excellent performance for an NA v6 from 1994, and well geared for highway driving.

Suggested Improvements

Pointless since it's out of production, but there are some really bad blind spots (again expected from a sports car). For owners, purchasing an aftermarket air filter, down pipe, and exhaust will greatly improve the performance and fuel mileage on this car. Wheel wells are too big for the tires.

Stay Away
By Cody Mulcahy

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

I obtained the car with 66k miles and now have 100k. I have emptied my bank into this car...mostly due to transmission problems. Problems include...constant alignment, rebuilt engine ($3100), new transmission ($2800), radiator, continuous electrical problems with installed alarm and cd player. The major problems I have had are with my auto transmission. I had the transmission fixed, then sent in 3 days later to be fixed again. My warranty eventually ran out and it needed to be fixed again ($800) only to last for 4 or 5 days, and now it needs another new transmission. Don't buy this car.

Favorite Features

The handling is immaculate.

Suggested Improvements

Where do I start? Major problem: electrical engine and trans...one little problem can be the cause of many more. I should have never known to buy a car from a company that sells VCR's.