Used 1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

1994 3000GT / Perfect Style
By hornet777

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Danube Blue 3000GT about six months ago from the original owner. It is the automatic SL model. I would like to have a VR4, however, this car has only 49k miles and it is mint. I couldn't pass it up. I went ahead and did the 60k service and added 18" rims and Yokohama tires. This car gets more looks than anything I've ever driven. Not a day goes by without a complimement. Yes, the SL version could use more HP but, I'm 60 years old, so I don't have the need for speed that I once had. I absolutely love this car and if you can find an unmolested one, I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Styling (timeless), Build Quality, Comfort, Infinity Sound System

Suggested Improvements

50 extra HP would make this car the best all around car in its class without a doubt

I FINALY Got the BIG Sports Car I've Wanted For Years!
By jim_43_petty

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my '94 Mitsubishi 3000 GT 3 wks ago. Have a HUGE passion for this car. It's looks & body design are VERY different then anything on the road. I mean that in the best way possible. It's a slighter heavier car, but that's a good thing..built strong. Fastest & Best Handling car I've EVER drove. It has a slight under steer "push" at very high speeds when taking corners "high wide and handsome" - NASCAR Legend Darrel Waltrip quote. An after-market front anti-sway-bar should minimize that. It's just an awesome car to drive. Added; Cold Air Intake, RS Catback Exhaust, Motegi 16" Rims, 4 HiFonics Zeus Speakers, 12" HiFonics Zeus 1000w Amp Subs, Kenwood CD/MPG/USB Player & 2 Tweeker Speakers

Favorite Features

Performance, Handling, Affordability, Smooth Shifting, Ride Comfort, Body Design/Looks, Curb Appeal, ECI 24 Valve 3.0 Liter High Output 6 Cylinder Engine, 16" Rims, Front Ground Spoiler Effects and Rear Wing.

Suggested Improvements

1) Timing Chain - Currently must change every 60K miles. 2) Front Anti-Sway Bar to help the slight under steer "push".

I love this car
By krayziereysta

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Sadly i own an auto base, but i truely love this car. i mean what car could you get for 3 grand and have 222 HP. It turns and handles wonderfully and has plenty of juice to handle traffic. I have had trouble with the infamous bad trannys these cars have but other than that and doing a 60k, its been incredibly realiable and gets 22mpg which im totally okay with. I enjoy seeing people in expensive ass cars just look back in stare. My dream now is to own a VR4 and see how mind blowing people say it is

Favorite Features

strong, reliable with maintenance, timeless style body (and mines pearl yellow ha), makes people with $60,000+ vehicles turn and stare

Suggested Improvements

check out the transmission, wish spark plugs were easier to get to

Do not buy!
By synthman

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

Problems since day one. Was bought for school and work. Thanks to this car I've lost a year and going of my life. Drove it home, and maybe 2 times before it died. Thanks a lot Mitsubishi. "More reliable alternative to Camaro, Mustang...." my foot. Only reason went with this car was Edmund's saying it was reliable, ha. Don't forget the abysmal gas mileage. 16/22 for a V6... Had known that wouldn't have bought to begin with...

Favorite Features

The looks, about the only thing right with it.

Suggested Improvements

Make it to where it's not a giant useless heap of garbage.

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT
By Allen

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 3000GT 8 years ago and I still feel she is beautiful and very reliable car that I purchased a long time ago, I even can say this car is better looking than many newer cars in the street today.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, fuel economy, the color (pearl white), driving comfort, bucket seats, its acceleration, light feature; interior and exterior, handling, driving in rain, and more.

Suggested Improvements

On many sports cars not just 3000GT, the driver side seat especially the upper side of it gets worn out so fast due to laying on to it before entering in the car. I would suggest to have the upper side of the seat made with a good quality leather and stronger cloth (non leather seat)