Used 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:

a keeper
By vroom

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

parts for this car are very expensive but the car has been good to me as it needs nothing and i get compliments on it almost daily, i wouldn't trade it for anything

cockpit style dash

nothing

Good car for the most part!!
By steve-o

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

Well I do have to say that my 3000 is fun to drive and comfortable to ride! The stock horsepower could have been more considering how heavy it is. My 3000 does all right in the 1/4 mile, it ran 15.6 with a cold air and magnaflow exhaust with isn't great but not bad!! Other then the cost of parts and upkeep on the 3000, I'd say its one of the funnest and best cars I've owned.

The interior and the stance of the car itself, also the performance when the car runs right!!

More horsepower and lighter weight.

I love & hate my VR4
By 4wheeldrifter

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

What I love: The control and performance in all types of weather, especially bad weather. It is difficult to break the tires loose in pouring rain and near impossible in dry conditions. With good tires, even snow and ice do not take away confidence. Sensible upgrades and strict maintenance have kept my VR4 reliable and safe. It's always been fun for me to outrun, outcorner or outbrake other cars with over confident owners. For over thirteen years I haven't been able to find a more capable car that sells for less than $100K. What I hate: Self-serving Mitsubishi warranty reps and irresponsible company policies. The fact that nobody makes a comparable car that sells for under $100K.

Acceleration. Cornering. Braking. Feeling safe and in control while doing so (after making my own modifications). A good looking body style even after all these years. It's still fun to drive. Leaving "new generation" Corvettes, M3/5's E55's and others behind when they paid to be in front.

Synthetic oil. I've had to spend quite a bit of time and money to fix obvious design flaws in the engine, oil delivery, brakes, seat belt and driveline components. Now, the car is the way it should be. Why does Mitsubishi make cars with the same, known safety and performance flaws year after year?

3000gt vr4
By normaldriver

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The best part about this car is that few cars under $100,000 can keep up to it in a straight line or in the corners. It has been reliable only after I fixed it myself.

Humiliating hot-rod tough guys and out cornering the lightweight "sports performance" cars.

Rebuild the engine top to bottom for durability, stress relieve the heads, oversize the turbos and sensibly turn up the boost. Put in a strong aftermarket clutch and carbon brake pads.

Waited a Long Time
By JeffinCincy

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I've waited along time to buy another sports type car. I've looked through auto trader type magazines for months looking for that "best bang for your buck" car. I've finaly found it, a one owner 163,000 mile 3000GT 5 speed. For only $3,600 I get to drive a car with Ferrari type styling, Honda reliabilty, Toyota gas mileage, and American seat of the pants fun. Oh I forgot the radio stinks.

The styling and reliability (talked to the guy who had it for 13 years, said he put in two clutches and a timing belt, never left him stranded). I like the "you're in control" feeling you get while driving backroads or freeways.

It needs a better stereo system although I realize this was 1993 and killer stock systems didn't realy exsist. It has poor lane changing visibility. Hey this is just nit picking, the car is great. For under $4,000, are you kidding?!