Used 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

VR-4 2dr Hatchback (3.0L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
I love & hate my VR4
By 4wheeldrifter on 10/27/07 23:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

What I love: The control and performance in all types of weather, especially bad weather. It is difficult to break the tires loose in pouring rain and near impossible in dry conditions. With good tires, even snow and ice do not take away confidence. Sensible upgrades and strict maintenance have kept my VR4 reliable and safe. It's always been fun for me to outrun, outcorner or outbrake other cars with over confident owners. For over thirteen years I haven't been able to find a more capable car that sells for less than $100K. What I hate: Self-serving Mitsubishi warranty reps and irresponsible company policies. The fact that nobody makes a comparable car that sells for under $100K.

3000gt vr4
By normaldriver on 05/05/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The best part about this car is that few cars under $100,000 can keep up to it in a straight line or in the corners. It has been reliable only after I fixed it myself.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
By dennisthemenace on 02/22/06 11:16 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have not had any bad experiences my 3000GT yet. It performs well, and IS an eye catcher. I have always wanted a VR4. I've heard some of the stories about some owners having some major problems with their cars, but 90 percent of these owners are people who chose to modify their cars, and anywhere from 20 to 80 percent of the engine components are no longer stock engine parts. There's nothing wrong with doing mods, but remember, if you are going to comment on a vehicle's reliability, it should be one that is stock.

You will never go back to any other car.
By KT on 11/20/05 03:29 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

After owning my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (a 1991, a 1994, and now a 1993), it seems like all other sports cars under $100,000 aren't up to the task of dealing with a +10 year old overweight luxury sports car. If you are lucky enough to come across a smartly modified 3/S Twin Turbo prepare to get humbled. The exterior is sharp and aggresive, the interior is open with exotic curves, and the gearing in the 1st generations are very long to accommodate the small fast spooling stock twin turbos that create the wide powerband. these cars reliability is only as good as the previous owner, a true sports car deserves true maintenance.

feels like brand new
By happy with mine on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought mine slightly used (12000)mi.. I took it through the paces as I would any sports car. I reached 160 mph with 4 inches of pedal left. the aerodynamics made it feel as if I was doing 80.

135000 miles and still STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
By Joe Nieboer on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This is my 3rd car I owned and by far the best...my other cars would break down like once a month i drive this 40000+ miles a year and only broke twice and thats just matience stuff. 0verall 10++++

3000GT VR4
By MCL on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

It is a very fun and responsive car. I have only had mine for a couple of months and am enjoying it very much. I am impressed with the fuel economy of this car. It is considerably better than the other sports cars I have owned.

My experience so far
By Corey B on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This is great car and very fun to drive. The one problem, but a very big one is parts for this car. Parts and repairs are very expensive especially the AWD tranny. I need to replace my clutch, 1000$ !!!. Now my syncos are worn and i am having a hard time finding someone to fix it for any kind of reasonable price. Other then then, it is a bueatifully engineered car, and is very fast. There is nothing like have two turbos at your control, very few people have had that experience. Even with the problems, i am still in love with this car.

My best car ever owned
By Mike3000gt on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is fast but some of its features need updating. My vr4 is pushing out 436 hp at wheels.