1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
a keeper
By vroom on 03/22/08 22:41 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

parts for this car are very expensive but the car has been good to me as it needs nothing and i get compliments on it almost daily, i wouldn't trade it for anything

Good car for the most part!!
By steve-o on 11/07/07 11:53 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

Well I do have to say that my 3000 is fun to drive and comfortable to ride! The stock horsepower could have been more considering how heavy it is. My 3000 does all right in the 1/4 mile, it ran 15.6 with a cold air and magnaflow exhaust with isn't great but not bad!! Other then the cost of parts and upkeep on the 3000, I'd say its one of the funnest and best cars I've owned.

I love & hate my VR4
By 4wheeldrifter on 10/27/07 23:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

What I love: The control and performance in all types of weather, especially bad weather. It is difficult to break the tires loose in pouring rain and near impossible in dry conditions. With good tires, even snow and ice do not take away confidence. Sensible upgrades and strict maintenance have kept my VR4 reliable and safe. It's always been fun for me to outrun, outcorner or outbrake other cars with over confident owners. For over thirteen years I haven't been able to find a more capable car that sells for less than $100K. What I hate: Self-serving Mitsubishi warranty reps and irresponsible company policies. The fact that nobody makes a comparable car that sells for under $100K.

3000gt vr4
By normaldriver on 05/05/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The best part about this car is that few cars under $100,000 can keep up to it in a straight line or in the corners. It has been reliable only after I fixed it myself.

Waited a Long Time
By JeffinCincy on 05/24/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I've waited along time to buy another sports type car. I've looked through auto trader type magazines for months looking for that "best bang for your buck" car. I've finaly found it, a one owner 163,000 mile 3000GT 5 speed. For only $3,600 I get to drive a car with Ferrari type styling, Honda reliabilty, Toyota gas mileage, and American seat of the pants fun. Oh I forgot the radio stinks.

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
By dennisthemenace on 02/22/06 11:16 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have not had any bad experiences my 3000GT yet. It performs well, and IS an eye catcher. I have always wanted a VR4. I've heard some of the stories about some owners having some major problems with their cars, but 90 percent of these owners are people who chose to modify their cars, and anywhere from 20 to 80 percent of the engine components are no longer stock engine parts. There's nothing wrong with doing mods, but remember, if you are going to comment on a vehicle's reliability, it should be one that is stock.

You will never go back to any other car.
By KT on 11/20/05 03:29 AM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

After owning my Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (a 1991, a 1994, and now a 1993), it seems like all other sports cars under $100,000 aren't up to the task of dealing with a +10 year old overweight luxury sports car. If you are lucky enough to come across a smartly modified 3/S Twin Turbo prepare to get humbled. The exterior is sharp and aggresive, the interior is open with exotic curves, and the gearing in the 1st generations are very long to accommodate the small fast spooling stock twin turbos that create the wide powerband. these cars reliability is only as good as the previous owner, a true sports car deserves true maintenance.

Great Vehicle
By ken1017 on 11/03/05 18:59 PM (PST)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2dr Coupe

My 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT has been maintenance free. It has only needed oil / filter changes, a new timimg belt, and new tires. It has a very aerodynamic design and gets 29 mpg - highway, driving reasonably. It looks great, sounds nice, and never needs any repairs.

Sports Car? Not reallly....
By Blue From VB on 04/07/05 11:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

The 1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT is more of a boulevard car than a sports car. The Nissan 300ZX, and Toyota Supra also had a 3.0 6 cyl engine, but the 3000GT was a heavier and it was the only one with front wheel drive. It didn't handle as well as the '90 300ZX that I had. It rivaled the other two in looks, it was a very beautiful car. The engine died with only 68,000 miles on it, due to an internal engine oil leak. This happened to my 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX as well but at 125,000 miles. Maintenance on the 3000GT was very expensive and I did not want to shell out $3,200 for a replacement engine, fearing what else would go wrong so I sold the car as-is.

FUN! If you have the money.
By 3000gtwis2 on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

The 3000GT is by far one of the best cars for cruising around town. I use mine as a daily driver and it gets to many looks to count. The car is quick, sporty, offers plenty of features, and the interior hugs you perfectly. The only problem is if there are repairs that need to be done, it will cost you. Parts are expensive and hard to come by.