Used 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
very fun car too bad resale values arent accurate
By nobrakes on 02/24/11 11:08 AM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have owned my VR4 for longer than any other vehicle I have owned, and for good reason. It has been simply the most enjoyable car I have owned. These cars are very relieable you just have to do your homework and keep some problem spots in check. The performance is great stock but not mindblowing. But with any car with turbos and AWD super car performace is easily within reach for every budget. And considering what these cars sell for it should be considered a steal. Which is the only real problem they have, the resale values dont represent the value accurately. And dont expect to pay the prices edmunds gives, you will pay at least $5000 for a high mileage VR4 that will need some TLC.

Hot mama
By TOM on 03/23/10 15:21 PM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 92 3000gt with a tired motor and auto trans. The car in stock form is a pleasure to drive sticks to the road like glue, has great acceleration but does have a reputation for expensive repairs like main bearings spinning and at problems. I had my motor completely rebuilt to a 400 hp single turbo setup and have a 5 speed also and now I wouldn't want any other sports car more than my 3000gt she is a beast and a beautiful car way ahead of its time. These cars were called the poor man's Ferrari when they were introduced in 1991 and there are still many on the road today although most have been modded .

High miles, but still high quality
By Deric M on 04/23/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I have owned a 92 3000gt sl (red with black and grey interiror) for a little over one year, Best car I have ever owned. My car has almost 200,000 miles on it and it runs perfectly. I had to replace a few parts along the way (of course). It's fast enough to beat a lot of others out there, plus with the 3000 you can do it in style. This car will be a classic in years to come.

So much fun!
By Jessica on 04/17/07 20:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I went from driving an automatic 91 dodge stealth to a manual 94 3000gt sl! I could not believe the difference in the two cars. The 3000 is so much fun and is pretty quick (with some minor mods)!

Fun to Drive
By TopNotch on 07/31/05 16:35 PM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Most powerful car I have ever owned. The AWD really made this car awesome. Its cornering is great and it stops from ridiculous speeds in no time. I have had many realiability issues with the car. Bought the car with 79,000 miles on it and 10,000 miles later the main bearings gave out. This is not a cheap repair. Also replaced the transmission which had failing synchros (both common problems in these cars). Replaced the exhaust from the downpipe back. Overall I would buy another one, but just be careful what you are looking at.

Unbeatbale Street Monster
By Geoff Warner on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Ive only had my VR4 for a few months, but already its at around 400 hp and it HAULS some serious V8 butt. I hav enot been beaten on the street yet.

Sandstone VR-4ing it up
By Jobe on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Great car for the looks and performs pretty well. AWD is the main reason I bought the car, and I really enjoy it. Gas mileage is poor, but hey its a sports car. However, one must realize that this is a high maintainance car. Stuff will break, I guarentee it... and it will not be cheap to fix by any means.

Great Car
By gorbycody on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

My VR4 seemed to be ahead of the times when I bought it, and still maintains that feel. The decision was between this and the 300Z turbo that had just come out. I am so glad that I picked the Mits. It is a great car and has never given me any trouble at all.

In Love
By ktlulu1 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL 2dr Coupe

I have only had this car for a little over month and I am in love with it already. It's beautiful inside and out and even though it's almost 12 model years old, it still turns heads everywhere I go. It's quick and fun to drive. I don't ever want to get rid of it!!

best car ever
By mikemo3kvr4 on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

i love my vr-4 i think it is the best car i have owned. the car is really fast and always makes heads turn as u ride it in town. i have had no problems witht he car yet i just put a body kit on it if u want to see it it is cardomain. i will keep this car 4 ever