1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
Real Grand Touring Performance Car
By Andrew on 07/03/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

18 months ownership of my 91 TT and I still love to drive it. I grunt like a wrestler getting into it but once in my 6 ft 3" is fine and I don't get reviews that say over 6 ft is a problem - adjust the seat! I live in the ideal place for a GTO - New Zealand with a whole south island full of empty fast roads. The week spent her is THE most enjoyable fast driving I have ever done, and that includes 4 x 911, 5 x Corvettes, De Tomasso, Lotus x 2, Cobra Replica, BMW 635, Audi Quattro. And for a car I paid $6000 dollars for! Keep it serviced regularly, at a main dealer or specialist and it is the flash looking exotic car with massive performance you always wanted with ownership costs.

91 3000GT VR$
By LiLMo2100 on 03/17/10 02:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is amazing by far! Back in 1991 it had set the standard for the automotive scene for good. This car was way ahead of its time. Topping out all of the competitors out there. I've only just begun on the long road with this car and it has had it's up and downs. The downs, being my fault and the person I purchased it from. But overall. This car is amazing to drive. The Turbos are great when they are fully spooled and push you back into the seats. The exterior is a flawless design, and the interior is to die for. I agree the back seats are to small for anyone. But the two front ones are perfect for either just me, or me and my lady. I highly suggest anyone to get this car.

Miss my VR4
By Miss my VR4 on 09/20/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I owned this car for about 12 years. I recently traded this in with a heavy heart. No other car compares to this baby. I got a 7 series - but guess what - I miss my VR4. Imagine that. The 7 is sweet - but the VR4 is a BLAST! Handles like a dream - oh and I have had it on some very curvy roads in Missouri. Sticks to the road. And acceleration - you say jump and it flies. I have had my share of tickets - and sometimes the cops could not believe their eyes. Those were the days - that was THE CAR!

Very unique
By 91GTOtt on 10/27/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Overall, probably the best car every created. Not a cheap car to maintain, but work the cost for what you get. Stock over 300 hp with 307 ft-pounds of torque. The only cars that can to that today are the exotics and the corvette

Bang for your buck
By drew.z440 on 06/03/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car with 78,000 miles and now at 94,000 miles it still runs like a champ. This car will take newer v-8 mustangs, subaru wrx's, cobalt ss easily. Great styling inside and out, have had it mistaken for a brand new car often times. If you can find one with low miles, definitely snag it.

Great Longterm Car
By Koolaid on 05/13/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've been driving the 1991 VR4 for 15 years with only minor repairs here and there, adding up to between $250 - $1,500 per year. What a Head Turner. Great Performance. Rear seats are small, but fold down so you can pack a lot into this car. Safe car, AWD really sticks to the road. Excellent stopping ability. Gets 18-23 mpg. Seat belts don't retract well, and new tires are expensive. LOVE this car though. Fun to Drive.

Fast. Period
By Dan4919 on 04/25/07 15:56 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I love my VR4. Its flashy, fun to drive, and is pretty reliable, especially considering all the electrical toys. After 150K I expect some problems, and routine maintenance takes care of everything (except my fried computer last year). I'm about 6'5" and while there isn't much room left, I feel pretty comfortable.

Honk'n V
By sferra on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

0 to 60 in just over 5 secs. 60 to 120 in a heartbeat. Goes into a 35mph curve at 85mph and comes out north of 100MPH! Tires stick to the road like glue. Yesterday it sucked a Jag Xjs up one exhaust and spit it out the other. Easily blows the doors off a Mustang 5.0 SHO.

ggg
By speedracer844484 on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

oh yeah this car is sweet!!!!!!!!!! If you want a great reliable car buy a 3000gt

Best Car for the money
By VR4GUY on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The 91-93 VR4 is the best deal out there. Looks like an expensive sports car and performs like one without shelling out $40-50,000 bucks. All wheel drive and steering handle well in ice and minimal snow conditions, although when the snow gets deeper than about four inches it completely bottoms out with all four spinning. Fuel economy is awesome for a heavy car with 300+ hp getting about 24 highway. If you buy one plan on having everything from mustangs to ferraris wanting to race you at stoplights. Wave at almost anything in your review mirror at you pull away.