1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3000GT model:
Real Grand Touring Performance Car
By Andrew on 07/03/10 15:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

18 months ownership of my 91 TT and I still love to drive it. I grunt like a wrestler getting into it but once in my 6 ft 3" is fine and I don't get reviews that say over 6 ft is a problem - adjust the seat! I live in the ideal place for a GTO - New Zealand with a whole south island full of empty fast roads. The week spent her is THE most enjoyable fast driving I have ever done, and that includes 4 x 911, 5 x Corvettes, De Tomasso, Lotus x 2, Cobra Replica, BMW 635, Audi Quattro. And for a car I paid $6000 dollars for! Keep it serviced regularly, at a main dealer or specialist and it is the flash looking exotic car with massive performance you always wanted with ownership costs.

Almost 20 years
By yodgiesings on 06/16/10 12:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I was excited when I bought this beauty and am still excited almost 20 years later. She is still gorgeous, rides great, looks fabulous and I just can not part with her. My siblings make fun of me for keeping a car so long, but I truly can not help it. The engine hums like a baby and you don't even know it's on when you come to a stoplight. Power? She can beat them all, but I am one of those "slow" drivers anyway, so it doesn't matter. She sticks to the road around turns and sometimes when I am in my pickup, I forget that the pickup can't take the turns like the 3000GT can. Whoops! It was a midlife crisis thing when I bought her, and now, at 64, I am still in the midst of the crisis.

91 3000GT VR$
By LiLMo2100 on 03/17/10 02:54 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car is amazing by far! Back in 1991 it had set the standard for the automotive scene for good. This car was way ahead of its time. Topping out all of the competitors out there. I've only just begun on the long road with this car and it has had it's up and downs. The downs, being my fault and the person I purchased it from. But overall. This car is amazing to drive. The Turbos are great when they are fully spooled and push you back into the seats. The exterior is a flawless design, and the interior is to die for. I agree the back seats are to small for anyone. But the two front ones are perfect for either just me, or me and my lady. I highly suggest anyone to get this car.

My baby
By Cat on 01/25/10 17:21 PM (PST)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

First year out model; I saw it on the billboard advertisement and just knew this was MY car. After 225K miles, I replaced the engine & transmission. The A/C was converted from the old freon-type. Everything is factory stock with the exception of new door speakers. I have to replace the leather seats someday soon but other than that, I am still lovin' my car as though I just bought it. I'd rather not put anyone or anything in the small tiny backseats so I lay the seats down for added baggage room. As expected, any new parts are hard to find & are at a premium price. I still average 22 MPG & 19 years later, I can hardly wipe the smile off my face when I'm in my car!

Miss my VR4
By Miss my VR4 on 09/20/09 20:05 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I owned this car for about 12 years. I recently traded this in with a heavy heart. No other car compares to this baby. I got a 7 series - but guess what - I miss my VR4. Imagine that. The 7 is sweet - but the VR4 is a BLAST! Handles like a dream - oh and I have had it on some very curvy roads in Missouri. Sticks to the road. And acceleration - you say jump and it flies. I have had my share of tickets - and sometimes the cops could not believe their eyes. Those were the days - that was THE CAR!

Very unique
By 91GTOtt on 10/27/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Overall, probably the best car every created. Not a cheap car to maintain, but work the cost for what you get. Stock over 300 hp with 307 ft-pounds of torque. The only cars that can to that today are the exotics and the corvette

Import King
By Kobe on 10/10/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

Ive had my 3000 for 2 yrs now and it's a great spring and summer car. The handling is amazing when I'm cornering turns and off the line it speeds past cars like they're standing still. With a few mods i turn this kitten into a tiger. To me it's a keeper till the end

Have Owned for 17 Years and Still Going
By Eric on 10/07/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback SL 2dr Coupe

I bought my 3000 GT/SL new in May, 1991 and in Oct. 2008 it still runs like the day I drove it off the lot. Great pick-up, tight handling, fun to drive. Even with 187,000 miles on it, I'm still loving it! Never had a major breakdown in all these years, just a few minor repairs. I can't say enough good things about this car!

Bang for your buck
By drew.z440 on 06/03/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought this car with 78,000 miles and now at 94,000 miles it still runs like a champ. This car will take newer v-8 mustangs, subaru wrx's, cobalt ss easily. Great styling inside and out, have had it mistaken for a brand new car often times. If you can find one with low miles, definitely snag it.

Great Longterm Car
By Koolaid on 05/13/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT Hatchback VR-4 Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I've been driving the 1991 VR4 for 15 years with only minor repairs here and there, adding up to between $250 - $1,500 per year. What a Head Turner. Great Performance. Rear seats are small, but fold down so you can pack a lot into this car. Safe car, AWD really sticks to the road. Excellent stopping ability. Gets 18-23 mpg. Seat belts don't retract well, and new tires are expensive. LOVE this car though. Fun to Drive.