2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Why I love/hate my Mini
By Bill Baggins

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love first: Driving it is awesome, quick ,fun ,real sports car feel. Very easy to see out of, no blind spots at all!! Love the sound system, Harmon Kardon. Now HATE !!! gauges are impossible to see ( small letters n numbers) without reading glasses ! yes I'm over 50. poor contrast at night ,dark red on black when the lights are on. Oh but during daylight hrs, its white on black. What the @#$% are you thinking ? Clunk noise in suspension making me nuts , The dealer cant seem to "replicate", I have to take service tech for a ride to show him . Oh yea I hear it . Assured me everything is indeed A OK. Still clunks over bumps. $30,000.00 clunker I guess. I think they want me to go away and just make my payments and be quiet. Gasket coming out of side window !! Really ? BMW product ? 10k miles the windshield shows pitting ! No dipstick to check oil ? The radio is impossible to navigate , to complexed. That could be the over 50 issue, I'm sorry.

I love my mini baby!
By Tana

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a funny little car. It has a lot of pep. It's so fun to drive! And it has a distinct, cute style. So I can forgive many other things that aren't perfect, such as a tight fit getting in and out of the car. You learn "how" to get in and out of the car, so it works. My husband is 6'2" and weighs 270lb. He has learned how to get in and says it is comfortable for him to drive and be a front passenger, but he can't sit in the back seat. My adult child is not small and she can sit in the back seat comfortably. The back cargo area has enough space for me to get a weeks worth of groceries in to. If we have other larger things we need to haul, we can put the seats down and it usually works. It's not an SUV, so doesn't have the room that an SUV has. My other choice of car was a Subaru Forester XT touring, but it was too expensive to get what I wanted and the navigation and bluetooth on it weren't nearly as good as my mini. The dealership I bought my mini at only sold their cars with summer tires. I would have liked all season tires which would be better in the snow. I love the navigation system, I will upgrade it every other year or so. I like the bluetooth, the streaming music, the folding mirrors, the acceleration, the handling, The bottom line...When you step on the gas, it goes...fast. And,....I get better gas mileage than was stated on the window sticker.

MINI Cooper S Hardtop Coupe
By Richard deSinclaire

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you're looking for an economical version of the Porsche Boxster or Cayman, this is the car for you. It's very practical, but in an extremely fun way. The ride, handling, performance, gas mileage, acceleration, and storage capability (with the rear seats down) are superb for a car of this class. Fit and finishes are great on the newer models, especially, with improved ride (sporty, yet forgiving) and the Harman Kardon sound system, which will blow you away. This car is built to last. And, the 4-cylinder turbocharged engine is definitely the only way to go. It provides plenty of get-up-and-go...especially on the highway and for longer trips. Of course, parking in the city is a breeze...

Love/Hate Relationship
By rose nied

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 3cyl Turbo 6M)

So far most of what I have to say is positive...and I do love my new Mini 4 Door Hardtop...But I have been having repeated problems getting the Apple IPhone Siri to work through my speakers. I have contacted Mini...they say it's Apple...Apple says it's Mini...Meanwhile dealerships don't seem to have the answers either...not enough training at some of the high tech levels at some of the dealerships...I found a round about way to do so by connecting Pandora...but then I was using data...Upon further research of this problem, it appears there have been others with similar problems which still have not been addressed by Mini. I did get Mini Corp and Apple on the phone together today. Mini says they are looking into it and will get back to me...so I can't judge or say for certain what the outcome will be...but it is frustrating not to be able to get my navigation through the speakers. Other than that the car drives great. Amazing amount of power in this little guy. Seats are extremely comfortable. I love the heated seats during the cold winter days. Like the added side visor on the driver's side of the car...perfect to keep that sun out of your eyes. Sound system of Harman Kardon is great! More room than you think in the 4 door once seats are down. Nice area to hide valuables in the back storage area as well. Wish the keyless entry was just a simple touch with a finger instead of a push...but not I'm getting picky. Also wish the fob created a sound from the car when you pressed it...that always helped me find my car. Not as stiff a ride as I though it would be...big improvements from previous models. Also, it's getting just ok gas mileage...I was spoiled by a Prius C before though. This one eats Premium. But all in all, I think it's a very attractive vehicle and once I get this nagging navigation situation resolved will like it even better! PS Did not like the "S" seats...I found them not so great for short people...However, I have heard that taller people really like them. Glad I had a choice.

MINI Owner
By Pam C. (Michelangelo my MINI)

2015 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first car. I bought the 2015 MINI S 4 door with 17in wheels and it is AWESOME. I really enjoy this car, its gets be from point A to point B in a fun, quick and safe. When looking for my first car, I wanted something that was safe, reliable, great on gas, great resale value(even now I wonder why I would ever sale this car). The first time I test drove this car I was hooked, because it is so much fun to drive, I look for curves in the road and hills and valleys, its just fun and even though it is a MINI it has more space then you would think and more room then one would expect. One of my favorite things is that MINI gave creative thought to the small things like where the gas tank is located, the way your MINI will wink at you when you get in, the heartbeat of the car, mood lighting etc. Even though it has all these fun things the car is crazy safe, like the gas tank cut off if you are in an accident to keep from fire, the 8 air bags and so many other things. I would highly recommend this car to anyone because it's more than just cute and fun but safe and reliable.