Best Car I've Ever Owned
By theredrover on
2013 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I've never fallen head over heels for a car before, but my MINI has certainly charmed me and then some. I've owned my Cooper Hardtop (automatic transmission) for almost a full year and I can say I will never own any other car than a MINI. Not only has it been extremely reliable, but the handling on this car is amazing. When people say their car "hugs the road," they really have no idea what that means until they drive a Cooper. Taking a hard turn at 40 mph feels no different than at 10 mph in another car. I feel safer in my MINI than I do in any other car I've driven. I actually get a higher mpg than listed here. So far I average about 42mpg highway and 38 mpg on surface streets.
Favorite Features
The dual-panoramic sunroof is a must. Even in Arizona, it is well worth the extra cost. I love the flexibility of this car. It is small, but still spacious enough to fit three full grown men in both front and back seats. It is extremely fun to drive. I find myself driving places just to drive my car. The Sport button adds a little bit of a "race car" element to my commute. The best part, though, is the customer service. MINI makes car buying a true experience and they show they value you as a customer even a year after purchase. I'm still getting hand-written thank you notes from both the company and the dealership.
Suggested Improvements
My only adjustment was getting used to only having 2 doors (I came from a Honda Fit). It can be difficult to get in and out of the back seat, but once inside is not an issue. Other than that, this car is the perfect mixture of character, design, and utility. Don't change a thing!