2012 MINI Cooper S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
We purchased a fully loaded 2012 Cooper S Convertible thinking it would just be a fun cruiser. I have been awed by its excellent handling and performance. Its become my daily driver and despite having a lead foot, I'm getting 33 mpg mostly country driving.
The quality is that of a luxury car - compared to the Honda CR-V and Toyota Prius I also have in the garage. The Honda and Toyota feel like tin cans in comparison.
Once you get used to the quirky controls, the car is nothing but fun.
- Handling + good acceleration + economy car mpg
- Rock solid chassis for a convertible
- Great retro looks
- MINI community rocks! Too many events and great helpful enthusiasts to mention.
- Better nav than any car system I've used (and only $750)
- Mini Connected runs Pandora, Tune-In Radio, MOG and many other apps right on the MINI's display.
- Actually fits 2 adults and 2 kids.