2012 MINI Cooper Hatchback 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
2012 R58
By bcz on 02/21/14 09:11 AM (PST)

2012 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A more accurate description is a 12' S Coupe w/ automatic and LOADED. Bought this car in December 2011 and have driven 42k miles so far. I am a commuter from a rural area into a college town and was looking for an economy car, but not one that was underpowered or cheap. This is likely to be the brand I stick with for awhile, they are SO fun to drive and cannot be beat in city traffic (only two wheels have it better). It feels safe because you know that the car has very respectable handling and power to get you around, and deal with occasional poor drivers on the open roads. Rather expensive based on size alone, it has taken the miles and years of ownership to gain a greater appreciation.

Rocket on wheels
By joejh on 02/15/12 05:08 AM (PST)

2012 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I'm always shocked at how exciting this ride is everytime my foot touches the accelerator. It's the grown-up's go-kart, on steroids. Mario can eat my dust! How did they put such a large herd of horses under that tiny hood? This car literally growls and thunders when I hit the starter. And what's even more shocking is the fuel economy. Still get low 30's even with my happy feet dancing on that gas pedal. And the bucket seats are perfection - I heard BMW has a PhD designing their seats. It has to be perfect in order to keep you in it!