Used 2012 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2012 MINI Cooper Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Oil consumption & fuel mileage !
By raymondn1

2012 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great little car I purchased new for my wife however it has consumed 2 quarts of oil in on 3500 miles she has put on it.Fuel mileage is no where close to what is claimed.....Just traded it in on a Porsche Carrera that is getting the same fuel mileage as the Mini did with no oil consumption thus far :)

Fun and Quality
By jcihak

2012 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We purchased a fully loaded 2012 Cooper S Convertible thinking it would just be a fun cruiser. I have been awed by its excellent handling and performance. Its become my daily driver and despite having a lead foot, I'm getting 33 mpg mostly country driving. The quality is that of a luxury car - compared to the Honda CR-V and Toyota Prius I also have in the garage. The Honda and Toyota feel like tin cans in comparison. Once you get used to the quirky controls, the car is nothing but fun.

Favorite Features

- Handling + good acceleration + economy car mpg - Convertible!!! - Rock solid chassis for a convertible - Great retro looks - MINI community rocks! Too many events and great helpful enthusiasts to mention. - Better nav than any car system I've used (and only $750) - Mini Connected runs Pandora, Tune-In Radio, MOG and many other apps right on the MINI's display. - Actually fits 2 adults and 2 kids.

Suggested Improvements

- Eliminate run flat tires - they're too harsh.

2012 Mini S convertible
By ron244

2012 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted a mustang GT wife wanted this car and of course, we have the Mini in the garage. Once I got used to how small the car is, now I can appreciate the whole set up. I think of it as a can-am spider, but more confortable. Mileage is great even if you dog it, can see anything, but its so small thats not a problem. And you know, when I'm stuck in traffic, I have the top down, life is good, its really fun to drive, get lots of looks, and maybe not off the line, but going down the highway, most cars are gonna have a hard time keeping up. I drive it like a drove my motorcycles.

Favorite Features

how it drives, least is it is very loud with the top up, but its a softtop, so to be expected, and again, can't see anything, but its a softtop.

Suggested Improvements

none, dont make it bigger or add anymore weight.

Best MINI Ever!
By joe1952

2012 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I owned a hard top but traded it in for a Convertible! The car is a blast to drive and the gas mileage I get make it even better.

Favorite Features

The best of both worlds a Sun Roof and also Covertible let me have it my way.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if it has a little more power but I would just get a ticket if I had the S.