Great small car
By exp10 on
2011 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
Well I did it I got my MINI. I'm glad I got the manual it's a blast to drive even if it's a non turbo. I took a 700 mile trip north and avg 46 mpg on a flat expressway with keeping the speed of 65mph. If you go above that MPG will not be as great. 70 mph not bad and still received 42mpg. Keep your foot out of it and shift easy 32-35mpg in city shouldn't be a problem. I installed a K&N Typhoon kit and sounds great and improved MPG. I looked at many other cars in the same type of class. This one gave me the most personal room. It's bigger than you think on the inside. I can even fit my kids booster seats in. I have a 6 and 8 year old and they can ride in back no problem.
Favorite Features
Looks. I have the spice orange with black rims and roof. I get all kinds of compliments. On board stereo with blue tooth is great. The usb can play MP3 from a flash drive very cool. Maintenance reminder.
Suggested Improvements
Change the place where the USB plugs into. The power window buttons get blocked by cup holders if drinks are in them. The Continental Premium Contact 2 tires are really bad in wet weather I would stay away from them. Need to install a Temperature gauge. I live in the south and gets very hot. I like to pay attention to temps