2011 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: Crazy in love with my MINI

2011 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

2011 MINI Cooper

Crazy in love with my MINI
By JML on

2011 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Had been dreaming of getting a MINI for years. (family member has had 2 already) Finally got bran new 2011 w/ manual tranny last month, and have been grinning ear to ear ever since. If my MINI could be said to have any flaw, it would be that the ride is a little noisy--but that's ok: have been turning off radio anyway b/c enjoying listening to the engine growl and purr as I shift gears! This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Almost tempted to do the grocery shopping one item at a time just to have as many excuses to drive as possible!! Can't describe it: it's more than just a car...it has a personality all it's own. It's like a pet I can drive around in!

sun roof, heated seats, xenon headlamps with adaptive controller, sport button, exterior styling, sport seats. Oh, EVERYTHING!

my MINI is perfect; wouldn't change a thing (but wish I ordered the auto- dimming rear view mirrors along with the other goodies for MINI....will order those with my next MINI)

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By elshin
on 01/13/11 15:37 PM (PST)

Hi Crazy In Love With My MINI, I have been looking at MINIs for about a year and a half myself. I get giddy just looking at the dealership. My reluctance is the price. The dealership isn't willing to reduce the price. Were you able to get the price you wanted? Although, I decided I will make my purchase this year/2011, but I would like it at the price I can afford.......... elshin

By minichick
on 03/07/11 20:02 PM (PST)

That is EXACTLY how I describe mine! 1/2 pet, 1/2 car! It truly does have a personality! This is the best car! I am 5'11" and the car has plenty of room for anyone 6' plus. The handling is amazing, it's pretty quick, and the gas mileage rivals any hybrid. ( I averaged 42mpg on a recent trip from PA to VA on I-95, and that was doing mostly 80mph) It has such a solid, quality feel. Mine has manual trans and it got me through 5 snowstorms this winter. I would recommend this car to anyone...it is so NOT the econobox! Get the upgraded sound system -- definitely worth the extra $$$! P.S. My dealer would not budge on the price but threw in some pricey extras--bonnet stripes, armrest, etc. So they will work with you a little bit...

By avocato
on 08/12/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

Elshin, I got an almost bare-bone MINI at below the MSRP. It stayed on the lot for more than 2 months because most people want the packages and features. The dealership put it on special for a few weeks until I found it. I of course tried to haggle but only managed to get a pair of front rubber mats. It worked out great for me because I am a minimalist by nature. I don't think MINIs can go any cheaper, but since the resale value is very high, they are definitely worth it.

By jmbl
on 01/29/11 17:35 PM (PST)

Hi Elshin, Sorry, I had not looked in on this site for a while...The dealership at which I bought my MINI did not want to reduce the price either. I was willing to travel out of state to ge the price I wanted. So I contacted 3 different dealerships in 2 states, and kept working each one until I got one dealership to reduce. Still didn't get quite as much off as I hoped, but it was much, much better than nothing! Work those sales people...especially at the end of the month/quarter. And be prepared to walk out the door. Know exactly what you want, and what the prices are on the MINI USA website. I was surprised to find the dealership folks were not as informed about the options as I was. (I had been creating my own MINIs and drooling over them for months before I contacted a dealership). Good luck! I'm even more 'crazy in love with my MINI' now than I was two months ago!!!! The best car I have ever owned, bar none!