Crazy in love with my MINI
By JML on
2011 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
Had been dreaming of getting a MINI for years. (family member has had 2 already) Finally got bran new 2011 w/ manual tranny last month, and have been grinning ear to ear ever since. If my MINI could be said to have any flaw, it would be that the ride is a little noisy--but that's ok: have been turning off radio anyway b/c enjoying listening to the engine growl and purr as I shift gears! This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Almost tempted to do the grocery shopping one item at a time just to have as many excuses to drive as possible!! Can't describe it: it's more than just a car...it has a personality all it's own. It's like a pet I can drive around in!
Favorite Features
sun roof, heated seats, xenon headlamps with adaptive controller, sport button, exterior styling, sport seats. Oh, EVERYTHING!
Suggested Improvements
my MINI is perfect; wouldn't change a thing (but wish I ordered the auto- dimming rear view mirrors along with the other goodies for MINI....will order those with my next MINI)
By elshin
on 01/13/11 15:37 PM (PST)

Hi Crazy In Love With My MINI, I have been looking at MINIs for about a year and a half myself. I get giddy just looking at the dealership. My reluctance is the price. The dealership isn't willing to reduce the price. Were you able to get the price you wanted? Although, I decided I will make my purchase this year/2011, but I would like it at the price I can afford.......... elshin

By jmbl
on 01/29/11 17:35 PM (PST)

Hi Elshin, Sorry, I had not looked in on this site for a while...The dealership at which I bought my MINI did not want to reduce the price either. I was willing to travel out of state to ge the price I wanted. So I contacted 3 different dealerships in 2 states, and kept working each one until I got one dealership to reduce. Still didn't get quite as much off as I hoped, but it was much, much better than nothing! Work those sales people...especially at the end of the month/quarter. And be prepared to walk out the door. Know exactly what you want, and what the prices are on the MINI USA website. I was surprised to find the dealership folks were not as informed about the options as I was. (I had been creating my own MINIs and drooling over them for months before I contacted a dealership). Good luck! I'm even more 'crazy in love with my MINI' now than I was two months ago!!!! The best car I have ever owned, bar none!

By minichick
on 03/07/11 20:02 PM (PST)

That is EXACTLY how I describe mine! 1/2 pet, 1/2 car! It truly does have a personality! This is the best car! I am 5'11" and the car has plenty of room for anyone 6' plus. The handling is amazing, it's pretty quick, and the gas mileage rivals any hybrid. ( I averaged 42mpg on a recent trip from PA to VA on I-95, and that was doing mostly 80mph) It has such a solid, quality feel. Mine has manual trans and it got me through 5 snowstorms this winter. I would recommend this car to anyone...it is so NOT the econobox! Get the upgraded sound system -- definitely worth the extra $$$! P.S. My dealer would not budge on the price but threw in some pricey extras--bonnet stripes, armrest, etc. So they will work with you a little bit...

By avocato
on 08/12/11 10:26 AM (PDT)

Elshin, I got an almost bare-bone MINI at below the MSRP. It stayed on the lot for more than 2 months because most people want the packages and features. The dealership put it on special for a few weeks until I found it. I of course tried to haggle but only managed to get a pair of front rubber mats. It worked out great for me because I am a minimalist by nature. I don't think MINIs can go any cheaper, but since the resale value is very high, they are definitely worth it.