Used 2011 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

My Mini Jazz
By Deb King

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased my Mini in February of 2015. I had driven several Mini's before I purchased this model. I actually found her on the internet, called the dealership, put down a deposit and pickup her that weekend. The dealership was not a local dealer. I purchased the Mini with under 50,000 miles on her. I started having problems around 60,000 miles. I took her to a local BMW repair shop due to a lack of acceleration. I was told that she needed an walnut blasting due to carbon build up on the engine intake. They also replaced plugs and wires....$700.00. Later, I had a brake (dash) light come on. I took her back to the repair shop. I was told she need brake pads, new sensors and rotors.....$900.00. I did not purchase an extended warrant so this was an out of pocket expense. I was told by the mechanic that everything should be good for awhile. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in Mini...... Well, I now have almost 70,000 miles on her, with no recent problems. I still must say.....I still love my Mini JAZZ. She is my midlife crisis...LOL......Deb

Chose this over a Miata
By skysoxwiz

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent a world of time comparing the Cooper to the Mazda Miata.
They're both great cars, fun to drive and easy to buy and own.
I think I would be happy with either car but the Mini has the "cute factor" over the Miata.
9,000,000 Miata owners can't be wrong but it also makes it somewhat ordinary.
The Cooper "S" is incredibly fun to drive, especially in a mountain state like Colorado.

The 6 speed automatic transmission is great. I do a lot of in-city driving and during test drives found the 6 speed manual to be quite a chore, clutching, shifting etc. I'm 65 years old so that affected my comfort level as well. I love the Mini's scary-fast acceleration, it's mountain handling (it dares you to push its handling limits) and the deep bucket seats that keep you stable during driving. It looks great, handles perfectly and makes each trip out a pleasure.

While Mini prides itself on tradition I think the controls and dash could be reorganized. There's just something counter-intuitive to reaching for the dash to roll the windows up or down! The placement and function of the road and fog lamps is somewhat confusing but probably because I don't use them that much. The sound system is arcane and could use a simple Motorola radio/CD player!

Dream come true
By jg2310

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted a cooper convertiable since it was released. The 2011 seems to have corrected alll of the control complaints I have read about with the 2010 model. I have driven a 2006 s model, and the 2011 ride is much smoother....no comparison. The 6 speed manual is a must, so much fun.

Life is Good
By Anonymous

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Bought Cadbury (Hot Chocolate exterior with Polar Beige interior) less than a month ago and loving every top down minute! No regrets on selling our 2008 Miata. Averaging 31 mpg.

Convenience pkg. Bluetooth works great. Sport mode!

Allow orange dash lighting to change with ambient lighting.

Worth the wait
By minidoc

2011 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Traded my Buddy 06 dark Gray s conv (which I messed up trying to modify an automatic) 2011 is a total beast, horizon blue, subdued but classy ( no racing strips on this one) feel like "James Bond " (keep dreaming), premium package a bit too much chrome, probably swap side mirror caps for blue 06 felt like a toy, this machine is the real deal, powerful, stable, a blast to drive in sport mode ( feels like a BMW/ Audi sport car with mini quirkiness. So I'm in Boston w/ first new convertible on the block, sure to be a head Turner

power, front grill, handling, interior ( all black with chrome)

so far first 150 miles only averaging 22 mpg? we'll see