2010 MINI Cooper Consumer Review: A brand new MINI with dead USB

2010 MINI Cooper - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

A brand new MINI with dead USB port
By ymc on

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought a brand new MINI a few weeks ago. Before we signed the purchased contract, we found the iphone/USB port does not work. The dealer insured us that was just a very minor and common issue in some 2010 mini and could be fixed easily by updating software upgrade or just replacing a small united called ULH box (where all the wires for the usb/ipod connect). He said if we can wait for a few hours they can fix it. We were so stupid and believed his words, and took the car since we run out of the time stay over there. Now it turns out a very serious problem, after I send the car back for them to fix. They cannot fix the USB port in a few hours but request a few days.

We don't like the sunroof screen at the beginning since it is not completed blocked. But after driving a while we do enjoy it. You get fresh air without too much sun burn!

The dealer told us such common problems of Mini and BMW happen all the time. Even for his BMW went repaired right after he bought. I asked how come they didn't check before I come to pick the car. He told me they only check big things, well, that is an $750 update but not in check list!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By suckysilverado
on 07/31/11 08:41 AM (PDT)

Wow.......my car has a broken transmission, windows don't roll down, and the gas probe is faulty so I can never tell how much gas I have. Sorry your iPhone doesn't work you spoiled brat lol