Used 2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Enjoyable Ride
By jekahrn

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great little car, it has speed, maneuverability,and is comfortable! I drive 3 hrs a day one way to work, and the gas mileage is 40 to 42! I find that Shell gas works the best, any other and the mileage fall to 38. Bluetooth works well and be sure to get the better radio. All in all, a good choice.

Favorite Features

comfortable, and peppy. Love the gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Navigation would be a plus. should include floor mats

What Thrill!
By centurion8

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Tired of "run-of-the-mill" cars. Wanted something different. This Mini S hits home. Still in "brake-in" period, but what a thrill to drive. Plenty of power, great cornering, excellent stability. We could not ask for anything more. Added a few options. Pleased with MPG, right now showing 29. Has factory turbo and boy does it move. Very pleased with this Mini S.

Favorite Features

Auto climate control, Sun Roof, Blue Tooth, Smart Phone connections, Turbo Charge,Great Handling.

Suggested Improvements

One minor complaint,the seat belt strap is inconvenient at its present location. However that might be due to our height, as we are both 5'4" other than that we have not complaints.

Interesting...
By Euro

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well so far I am having fun driving. I am not sure how it handles in the snow or in cold weather yet so I am trying to wait to pass "full" judgment. As far as the way it handles day to day I find it easy to maneuver and great reaction timing.

Favorite Features

Love the available options and how I feel I can whip in and out of areas.

Suggested Improvements

Car cannot have engine block heater installed. Nothing is in the works to correct this. People are left to their own "fix” so if your worried about your engine block cracking good luck. The free maintenance warranty, not free or discounted in Europe and AK. And Mini Corp. is no help./clueless.

Our new MINI
By hrnsindy

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When we purchased this MINI, I wasn't sure about it. I had liked the VW GTI, But hubby and daughter were sold on this..but now that I have driven it - I love it too! the gas mileage is great we are getting 33/36 mpg! and it is fun! I find that I have a bit more of a defensive driver as people tend to run you over. But our 16 yr loves it and I see that she is a better driver too. We had a Mustang GT, but this far better and we are glad we bought it! We keep it in sport mode for city driving (the turbo lag is the only thing I don't like) but Sport mode takes that away. Get the Mini Cooper S...and the good stereo.

Favorite Features

Sport model is peppy, seats are comfortable, good handling, once you get use to the interior, love it. Great car to run about in, gas mileage is better than shown! (for us anyway)

Suggested Improvements

Larger visors. Solid sun roof cover. The mesh is cheesy and doesn't work on keeping sun out! Get a good pair of sunglasses! Side mirrors could be a bit bigger for me.

2010 Cooper Hardtop 6 Speed Auto
By micweb

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is not your typical "B" segment mini-car (like the Honda Fit, Yaris HB, Scion xA, all of which I've owned). The NVH (noise-vibration-harshness) levels are ultra low for this class. This is a QUIET, SMOOTH car. Very high levels of front seat comfort. Base suspension and stock tires are surprisingly good - I have no plans to make changes, which is unlike me. Superb gas mileage - an indicated 35.4 mpg on my mostly freeway driving in regulare (non-sport) mode. Also a bargain, if you don't add "extras," and take into account the fine stock sound system and detailed on-board computer.

Favorite Features

LED speed reading below the tachometer. Temperature, miles to empty, mpg, average speed, trip odo, service reminder all in onboard computer. Excellent stock sound system. Aux jack. Excellent standard cruise control and steering wheel audio controls. "Motoring!"

Suggested Improvements

Remember you can lock in a promotional interest rate/bonus when you order - so ordering is NOT discouraged. Should include floormats (only $85 and dealer threw them in, fortunately). Need to make "gap" between body panel and gas tank cover a little "tighter."