Used 2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

A brand new MINI with dead USB port
By ymc

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We bought a brand new MINI a few weeks ago. Before we signed the purchased contract, we found the iphone/USB port does not work. The dealer insured us that was just a very minor and common issue in some 2010 mini and could be fixed easily by updating software upgrade or just replacing a small united called ULH box (where all the wires for the usb/ipod connect). He said if we can wait for a few hours they can fix it. We were so stupid and believed his words, and took the car since we run out of the time stay over there. Now it turns out a very serious problem, after I send the car back for them to fix. They cannot fix the USB port in a few hours but request a few days.

We don't like the sunroof screen at the beginning since it is not completed blocked. But after driving a while we do enjoy it. You get fresh air without too much sun burn!

The dealer told us such common problems of Mini and BMW happen all the time. Even for his BMW went repaired right after he bought. I asked how come they didn't check before I come to pick the car. He told me they only check big things, well, that is an $750 update but not in check list!

Enjoyable Ride
By jekahrn

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a great little car, it has speed, maneuverability,and is comfortable! I drive 3 hrs a day one way to work, and the gas mileage is 40 to 42! I find that Shell gas works the best, any other and the mileage fall to 38. Bluetooth works well and be sure to get the better radio. All in all, a good choice.

comfortable, and peppy. Love the gas mileage

Navigation would be a plus. should include floor mats

What Thrill!
By centurion8

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Tired of "run-of-the-mill" cars. Wanted something different. This Mini S hits home. Still in "brake-in" period, but what a thrill to drive. Plenty of power, great cornering, excellent stability. We could not ask for anything more. Added a few options. Pleased with MPG, right now showing 29. Has factory turbo and boy does it move. Very pleased with this Mini S.

Auto climate control, Sun Roof, Blue Tooth, Smart Phone connections, Turbo Charge,Great Handling.

One minor complaint,the seat belt strap is inconvenient at its present location. However that might be due to our height, as we are both 5'4" other than that we have not complaints.

Interesting...
By Euro

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Well so far I am having fun driving. I am not sure how it handles in the snow or in cold weather yet so I am trying to wait to pass "full" judgment. As far as the way it handles day to day I find it easy to maneuver and great reaction timing.

Love the available options and how I feel I can whip in and out of areas.

Car cannot have engine block heater installed. Nothing is in the works to correct this. People are left to their own "fix” so if your worried about your engine block cracking good luck. The free maintenance warranty, not free or discounted in Europe and AK. And Mini Corp. is no help./clueless.

Our new MINI
By hrnsindy

2010 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

When we purchased this MINI, I wasn't sure about it. I had liked the VW GTI, But hubby and daughter were sold on this..but now that I have driven it - I love it too! the gas mileage is great we are getting 33/36 mpg! and it is fun! I find that I have a bit more of a defensive driver as people tend to run you over. But our 16 yr loves it and I see that she is a better driver too. We had a Mustang GT, but this far better and we are glad we bought it! We keep it in sport mode for city driving (the turbo lag is the only thing I don't like) but Sport mode takes that away. Get the Mini Cooper S...and the good stereo.

Sport model is peppy, seats are comfortable, good handling, once you get use to the interior, love it. Great car to run about in, gas mileage is better than shown! (for us anyway)

Larger visors. Solid sun roof cover. The mesh is cheesy and doesn't work on keeping sun out! Get a good pair of sunglasses! Side mirrors could be a bit bigger for me.