2010 MINI Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
2010 Cooper Hardtop 6 Speed Auto
By micweb on 02/16/10 15:32 PM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is not your typical "B" segment mini-car (like the Honda Fit, Yaris HB, Scion xA, all of which I've owned). The NVH (noise-vibration-harshness) levels are ultra low for this class. This is a QUIET, SMOOTH car. Very high levels of front seat comfort. Base suspension and stock tires are surprisingly good - I have no plans to make changes, which is unlike me. Superb gas mileage - an indicated 35.4 mpg on my mostly freeway driving in regulare (non-sport) mode. Also a bargain, if you don't add "extras," and take into account the fine stock sound system and detailed on-board computer.

Pleasantly surprised
By Kari on 02/09/10 15:28 PM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have been very impressed with my 2010 Mini.I have driven 4 cylinder cars in the past for fuel economy and am very pleasantly surprised with the power and immediate pick up of the Mini.It is the regular Mini Cooper and goes from zero to whatever in a nanosecond.I have friends that have had their Mini's for 6 and 7 years and and love them.I hope mine lasts as long or longer.

Put a Smile on your face !!
By DrDave on 02/09/10 14:07 PM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned BMW automobiles and like their engineering. We bought our MINI after seeing the vehicle at the SF Auto Show and seriously considering purchasing one. We went to MINI of Concord who we have delat with in the past, always finding them very professional during and most important after the purchase. After a long test drive my wife and I decided to purchase the MINI Hardtop. After taking the car home we started to see the advantages of the vehicle and I have to admit when you drive it, it does make you smile. I handles like a go cart but not as rough a ride with the 15" wheels. Performance is really nice even with the Auto Select Shift Transmission that we got as an option.

Joy to drive
By wmjantsch on 01/22/10 08:30 AM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a fantastic little car. It is an absolute joy to drive. I am happy with the ride quality of the standard S model- it does not seem too jarring to me at all. I was warned that noise at highway speeds would be distracting- I don't think this is a problem. I kind of like the quirky controls; it did take me some time to get used to them, however. I can definitely feel BMW's influences in quality of build, design, and performance.

2010 JCW-BMW has another great car!
By Joe Merchant on 11/25/09 21:35 PM (PST)

2010 MINI Cooper John Cooper Works 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We previously owned a 2006 BRG MC, and absolutely loved the car. We purchased the 2010 JCW a couple weeks ago and WOW what an upgrade. From the Harmon Kardon audio, to more comfortable interior, this car has exceeded my wife's expectations as well as my own. The only downside is the recommendation not to exceed 4000 RPM during the first 1000 miles-this car is begging to be motored...we cannot wait to feel the redline performance of this car. As for Breaking, you tap the pedal and the brakes grab, and grab hard-the seat belts are more for controlled breaking than inmpact! You will appreciate the stopping power-you will love the acceleration and burble of the engine and exhaust!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 MINI Cooper in VA is:

$128 per month*