Used 2010 MINI Cooper Convertible Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 MINI Cooper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

BUYER BEWARE
By captain9766

2010 MINI Cooper Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I purchased the Mini Cooper S used and it had 32000 kilometers on it. Initially all was well, great mileage, fun to drive, moves well but then stuff went from bad to worse. The check engine light came on. I took a day off work, traveled 150 klms and took it to a Mini dealer. They did their exploratory diagnosis and informed me that it needed spark plugs- even though the manual says plugs are good for 100,000. After $580.00 the plugs were changed and the light stayed off for 50 klms. Must need injectors was the next diagnosis for $1200.00. the light stayed off for 1 week even though the mini ran like crap in that week. Traded the mini off at a dealer as I could not sell privately.

none--- reliability is none existent, mini diagnosis lack expertise. I do not recommend this vehicle to anyone

Direct Injection needs to be improved. All diesel engines are direct injection however they never need decarbonizing. My mini had it done @ 32,000 and I suspect it needed it again.

Great Car!
By ChrisNJ

2010 MINI Cooper Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded a 2009 Mini Cp for a 2010 Mini Conv. Previous to these 2 cars I have always driven BMWs. I love my Mini. Rarely needs gas. :-)

Handling