To my fellow Road Warriors
By RoadWarrior on
2009 MINI Cooper 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
I love my 2009 MINI and it's a good thing I do because I spend most of my time in it. I am writing this review for people who are considering buying this car for frequent long trips. The car is a blast but I'm not sure I would purchase again because of all the long trips I take. In 14 months I have driven this car almost 60k mi. To be honest, the interior is not very comfortable. After driving about 2 hours on the hwy I start to get fidgety. Being in the passenger seat is almost unbearable after 1hr. Great gas mileage, but not really any pickup on the highway. I know I sound like I'm complaining. I really love my Mini but if you plan on driving as much as I do, you might want to reconsider.
Favorite Features
I get lots of compliments on my red and black seats, double sunroof, and huge gauges (tho they're not for everyone.) Mood lights are cool too! The car is a real attn-getter and you feel like you belong to a special club because when you drive past other Mini owners you always get a wave or a smile.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like the placement of the ipod jack, it's almost impossible to connect while you are driving. Window controls are in a bad spot, blocked by cup holders. The hatch can be difficult to open.