Mini, a great surprise
By AD MCMLX on
2009 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I actually own a Cooper Clubman S which I transitioned to via MB C class Kompressor and BMW Z4. I had no high hopes for this car outside of that was built by BMW. 4 months later and 4k miles on it I absolutely adore this car. Granted this car is the most expensive and overpriced little car on the market but when you get a good deal you appreciate it that much more. This truly is a drivers car especially in SPORTs mode. LA to Vegas (300 mi) with barely over a half a tank (37.6 mpg) 75 mph @3k rpm. 476-500 miles to empty w/ some city driving. Cruises uphill Mount St Jacinto with 3 people in 4th gear to 8000 feet with ease. Rancho Mirage- Idyllwilde-Los Angeles 39.7 mpg.(140 mi)
Favorite Features
Steering is top notch, Precise and direct. Turbo shines across the range without being loud. Long drives quite comfortable. USB audio and Satellite radio is a must have, giving you plenty of uninterrupted music.Interior lighting is therapeutic and inviting.
Suggested Improvements
Hope to see the all wheel drive from the new Countryman in all the Mini's. Then this is going to become the best ride ever. Cruise control should be available on manual also. Center console should be standard.