Used 2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Never judge a car by it's appearance
By Mac

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was dead set against my wife getting this car. Stupid me.. Gas milage is more than expected, handles great ( dangerously good) and very comfortable after you find your correct position. Having an armrest is a must for comfort. I've never seen my wife so happy to get up and go to work knowing she gets to drive her Mini everyday.

1 - Armrest 2 - Ability to lower drivers seat 3 - Colored lighting 4 - Sunroof 5 - BMW engine new for 2009 vs Chrysler engine 6 - Handeling 7 - Mini people are friendly

1 - Seatbelt always getting stuck behind seat 2 - Radio controls are terrible 3 - Move seatback adjustment to outside of seats, difficult to find and work where it is currently.

Never Thought I'd Own a Mini
By Eric Dise

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow, what a fun car! I've owned lots of cars through the years but I've never owned one that could bring such a big smile to my face! The Cooper S has all the features one could ask for in a street legal slalom car! It handles extremely well, is balanced in turns, accelerates when called upon, and is willing to squeeze through tight spots where no ordinary vehicle will venture! Combined mileage has been 31 MPG and that's good with me. I just wish the engine didn't just sip high octane! I'm 6'-2" and fit very comfortably in either front seat (although I prefer the driver's side). The controls are not intuitive but they can be learned. Storage is what you should expect from a sub-compact. Tiny

Sport button, handling, exhaust note, manumatic shift feature, mood lighting, and bolstered seats up front.

The door handles are too plastic and thus squeek and creek. Stock radio is inferior. I should have known better and upgraded.

It's not a car, It's a MINI
By IT'S A MINI

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I started doing research and I drove the new VW CC, the Nissan Maxima and the Mercedes C300. But I wanted something different, something fun to drive, small, sportier, and unique. My solution: MINI COOPER S Dark Silver, Premium and Sport Package. I drove both the base MINI and the S and they are both fine but you can really tell the difference the turbo and the extra HP makes on the S, besides the few differences on the exterior which I find really cool. The MSRP is ar

Panoramic Sunroof, Exterior Design, Go - Cart Handling.

Radio is not what you would expect compared to so many other great features. Some functions are hard to get use to..

What a blast !
By brett

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As everyone else says, this car is extremely fun to drive. The "go kart" term gets used a lot but it's absolutely true. I traded in a Mercedes E350 that was nothing but trouble and have not regretted it once. The MINI is everything I hoped for and more. You just cant help but have a fun driving experience when you are in this car.

Performance: I can take corners the way I never could before. I can also fit in parking spaces that I never could before.

Cup holders are in the way of the window switches. Interior quality is a little cheap in places but overall the car is a great value for the money.

Happy Camper
By Joe

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The salesman told me it handles like a go cart. I concur. He didn't tell me to expect better gas mileage than advertised. I get 30 mpg around town and over 40 mpg on the highway. Amazing. Very happy with this two seater, the back seat is a joke which I was prepared for before I decided on this great car.

Love the blue tooth for my cell phone, always use the sport button for a little more pep. Very happy with the base engine using regular gasoline. Love the great gas mileage. Excellent ac.

not much