2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:
Great Car
By Will on 03/26/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I absolutely love this car. I got it loaded and it has all the amenities of a luxury automobile along with the sportiness. I was shocked and sold when I sat in one and it was extremely comfortable and roomy. Get a convertible or a sunroof because they operate great. It gets great gas mileage and all maintenance and the entire car (Including paint and body) is guaranteed for five years. I don't have to change the oil or nothing. All i have to do is put gas in it and that isn't very often. What a wonderful car!

BMW feel all around Quality
By Chris on 03/23/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

If you want a high-end car for a fraction of the price this car is for you. My 09 Cooper is loaded. The car handles better than a go Kart. It's a true sports car with a touch of class. The S makes it move quick and the manual trans. gives you the controll you beg for. You can't go wrong with these vehicles. This is my Second Mini and I just can't get over the QUALITY that is put into these vehicles. They say the S does 138 @ top speed. I've come closs on a couple of occations and the car handled perfect.

Fun in car form.
By sgsuperman105 on 03/01/09 14:37 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

This is one of the best cars I have driven. The last car I drove constantly was a Jaguar X-Type Sport and I would still pick the MINI over the Jag. Great classic look and a really fun interior. Handles like a go kart. I do wish that I could have a little more power. I also wish I had bought a sunroof.

Lots O'Fun
By Mflem300 on 02/13/09 09:18 AM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

Ordered from the website and it was waiting for me when I returned from Iraq. Got the premium package and the chrome package so it looks fantastic and is loaded with features. Great fun to drive and still a real headturner. Great gas mileage while a blast to drive. I am looking forward to hitting the back roads and putting it through its paces. Six speed is really easy to drive. his MINI is a great improvement over the '03 I sold 2 years ago.

Extra fun to drive, marvelous .....
By Dan on 02/07/09 11:51 AM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

The editor is wrong, I drive my Mini aggressively and no matter what I do, in the city my gas mileage is 30gpm no other cat in this price range come even close to fun to drive and performances of Mini, Thank you BMW!!!!!

Top Tier Gasolines
By Barb on 01/17/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I recommend that before you purchase a Mini you have access to top tier premium gas stations, such as Chevron and QT. If you live out in the countryside, as I do, be aware that using other than above mentioned gas will destroy your fuel pump system. Premium quality gasoline does not mean top tier...there's a mixture in other stations that may destroy your engine. Neither the Mini Cooper website nor the Consumer's Report website made any mention at all about this extremely important concern. I was able to find a station within a 30 mile round trip from my home. Again, think this out very well before you consider purchasing a Cooper!

So Far So Good
By coop35 on 11/22/08 23:04 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Drove the Civic SI, MazdaSpeed3, GTI, A3 and R32 before finally ordering the Cooper S. If you don't go crazy with options MINI is reasonably priced. Engine is hugely satisfying at any range while still averaging 28 mpg combined cycle and has great resale value. The options list is as huge as a 911s which costs 4 times as much. There are tons of options for after-market parts. I love the free maintanance program.

Great Little Car
By Gizmom on 11/13/08 17:58 PM (PST)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

A nice, solid car. Enough power to hold it's own against the big guys. The leather sport seats are very comfortable -- I did an 8 hour trip a couple of weeks ago, and could have easily done another couple of hours that day. Average mileage has been 38 city / 43 highway. I had the same windshield washer issue that JMS mentioned. However I found that the nozzles are adjustable and was able to redirect the spray back to the windshield (as opposed to the roof of the car!)

Great Car
By JMS on 10/16/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2009 MINI Cooper Hatchback 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I'm hooked. Even my daughter that wanted me to get a Saturn Sky is glad to have this car. It is true what people say, it really does handle like a go-cart. Super responsive and I just hit 1200 miles with a life to date MPG of 35.9. Power and handling are the most obvious features of this car. I will own a MINI from now on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.